1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

(Windhorst) NBA season might be done

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by DaBeard, Apr 3, 2020.

1. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

I agree. Season is done. With the litigious nature of the USA, there is no way an owner is going to take the risk of being held liable for employees getting sick. There are so many grounds crew involved in these sports I don't see how everyone can be tested without taking away from public resources. I wouldn't be surprised if MLB was cancelled as well, with the NFL having a delay. The only major sports viable to start first are probably MMA, boxing and tennis. Even though the virus is close to being contained there is a wall of worry going into Fall as well.

2. YOLO

YOLO Member

you're a little late. latest are the season will continue in some fashion at some point in the summer.

htwnbandit likes this.
  3. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

You're late to the party. Show will go on in the late summer.

4. J.R.

J.R. Member

Adam Silver said it's about the data and not the date when it comes to reopening business. Silver said health and safety of players are paramount. NBA not in position to make any decision and unclear when they will be.

This is how Adam Silver characterized mood of NBA owners: frustration is over how little control they/we have over the situation.

Adam Silver said NBA's return-to-play timeline will be shaped by number of new infections coming down, widespread availability of coronavirus testing, possibility of vaccine, & guidance from CDC & state guidelines.

Adam Silver, paraphrased: "We're not even at a point where if A, B, C met, there is clear path; there is too much uncertainty to say when we will move forward."

Adam Silver said NBA is not seriously engaged yet in talking about playing at bubble site.

Adam Silver says the NBA "has only listened" to "bubble" proposals and is "not seriously engaged yet" on putting the whole league in Vegas or Orlando, etc., for closed-door games

Adam Silver on if it's unlikely for season to start: "I don't mean to send any signals on the likelihood or not of restarting a season. All I can say is we're still at a point where we don't have enough information."

Adam Silver, paraphrased: My sense of NBA owners is if they can be part of movement to restart economy as it relates to NBA, they're for it. But he said there is no appetite to compromise well being of players.

Adam Silver: “As I sit here today, there’s too much unknown to set a timeline and even too much unknown to say, ‘Here are the variables.’” He does know that number of new infections must decrease and testing must be available on a large scale for NBA to consider return to play.

Adam Silver says NBA is not ready to set a date when a decision has to be made on resuming the season. "I would just say everything is on the table," including moving back the start of next season.

Adam Silver says more than the reported seven players have tested positive for coronavirus, but "for privacy reasons we are not reporting any other tests."

Among Commissioner Adam Silver’s final comments on today’s conference call with NBA media members: “Our revenue in essence has dropped to zero”

[​IMG]

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

Caesar likes this.
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

That would be spectacular

7. Cherenqueco

Cherenqueco Member

8. jacoby

jacoby Member

It would. But the Warriors shouldn't be included. They were already eliminated from playoff contention and they'd probably eliminate us again.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would be nice but I am not sure all fans could call it a World championship.

Maybe just tournament champ.
    Fall madness.

The Kobe tribute Allstar Game had some decent rules, whoever scored an amount of points plus 24.

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

So, were planning on having to test NBA players once or twice a day to make something work, meanwhile, most dont have any test available for them to take at all. Nobody seeing some backlash when people realize some folks are not getting tested because sports figures have somehow been placed in higher priority? In essence, some may die in order for us to have sports this summer?

FrontRunner likes this.