1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Windhorst: “I’m hearing rumblings about Jimmy getting back to Houston”

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by motleydeflep6, Jun 21, 2019.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

The Rockets have interest in everybody if they can get them on the cheap.

Eat at Saltgrass? o_O

Nook, RyanB and Ramo$e like this.
  2. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

The wrong two yard line …. Its 98 yards away and going backwards.

So much cap gymnastics to make it happen , especially if he opts out - which has been reported last week and again today.

Shedding CP3 doesn't even get you to a max contract …. Capela and Eg doesn't. It takes all three of them to get you to a max deal
    Adding Jimmy Buckets at the expense of CP3 , EG and Capela doesn't make you better.

What's worse …. if you dip below the cap to sign Butler with cap space , you lose all exceptions (MLE / BAE).
    How does anyone propose to fill out a roster like that ?

If he doesn't opt out it takes One of Capela or EG combined with Nene to make the money work and its debatable whether swapping Butler for Capela makes you better - you really have to know who the Capela replacement is.
    Getting better at one spot and considerably weaker at another could be a net zero or even a step back.

If Buckets opts out of that contract - He wont be a Rocket. Opt in and trade is the only way that makes any sense.

amaru and harold bingo like this.
  4. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Rockets can offer him a higher 5 yr max with a 6 th year at $20M. It’s all in the presentation. If Harden and Morey and TF vouch for it I think the CP3 deal proves it. This all comes down to Jimmy really. If he is leaving Philly will play ball. They need the assets. Other teams could be involved.

Ramo$e likes this.
  5. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

J.R. likes this.
  6. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

Except all the traffic is before the toll road starts …. I have a rent house in Three Lakes , HATE when the tenant calls and I have to drive out there and fix something , toll road starts just past it and there's literally no traffic beyond 99.

7. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

Bro I think he meant "I'm hearing grumblings about Jimmy G (cajun restaurant) and want to get back to Houston"

@Rasheed

Rasheed and Zoplicone like this.
  8. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Reporter: something negative about the rockets
    Us: media is so full of s**t

Reporter: Jimmy wants to be in Houston
    Us: credible

SkareKrow, Cdub37, amaru and 7 others like this.
  9. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

I'm all for butler here in Htown but realistically what does he fix besides perimeter defense? I feel like rebounding is out biggest concern.

10. Vivi

Vivi Member

@DaBeard who was the guy from Philly who said he heard rumors about Jimmy coming to Houston, you posted a tweet few days ago but can't remember him now

11. TimDuncanDonaut

12. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

The rumblings your ****ing stomach windwhorest

RyanB likes this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don’t take anything the says as relevant even if good news. Guy is a blow hard

Nook and LosPollosHermanos like this.
  14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

I don’t believe it’s happening or has anywhere near the traction we’re making it out to be, but the way you presented it, with the 6th year, is actually a great way to present it.

15. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I agree with the majority of your post. If he opts out I don't even want him, any way that we could make room to sign him would make the team worse. But I really disagree here, if we can get Butler and only lose one of Capela or EG I think it makes us a lot better. If we have to get rid of Gordon, Butler is the replacement, and if we get rid of Capela, I think he's pretty easily replaceable. Maybe I've soured a bit too much on him after this years playoffs, but I think we could get a much cheaper replacement that can give us most of his production.

HP3, BaselineFade and TimDuncanDonaut like this.
  16. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

It was some Philly bookie who has like 20 thousand followers on Twitter seems like a legit dude IMO

BigMaloe and Vivi like this.
  17. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Two words

Tough Ness

18. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

AFCCC284-5EB0-4B8E-A6E2-641EFF540439.gif

19. lurgar

lurgar Member

From the last time I drove that route, it looks like they're extending the freeway finally. Maybe it'll take less time when you don't have to hit every single light in Tomball.

20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

This isn’t really accurate.

Negative report
    Certain group of clutchfans.....”awwwww yeah inject that **** strain to my veins!!! F this dumpster fire!!!!!”
    Different group.... “might/could be problematic, let’s see what happens”

Positive report
    Certain group of clutchfans.... “this is all just talk, homers gonna homer, don’t get your hopes up!”
    Different group....”would be cool, let’s see what happens”

RichieBanks likes this.