1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Tilman continue to be cheap or pay the luxury tax to build around Harden and Westbrook?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Jul 12, 2019.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Some say he didn't want to spend on the team Leslie Alexander built. Now that it's his team, will he continue to cheap out or actually pay the players necessary to win?

It's been a whole day and no more talent added yet to the core. I am beginning to worry.

Gray_Jay likes this.
  2. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I guess we won't know until they actually use Shump's contract to bring on salary. and see what they do to extend Ego. Those moves will say a lot about what Tilman is willing to do to keep a serious contender on the floor.

Gray_Jay, BigBum and JuNx like this.
  3. BeardNation13

BeardNation13 Member

[​IMG]

First Truth: Cost Cutting and Be Cheap

4. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Yet he adds Westbrook increasing the payroll and the same people are whining about Westbrook's contract and Tillman "forcing" Morey to spend to much. Which is it?

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i already posted somewhere else in the GARM that westbrook's extra contract year means we have to stay under the tax line again now in order to avoid the repeater tax a few years down the line

Gray_Jay, Jake Tower, jacoby and 2 others like this.
  6. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

Carl, make this a poll!

I say he avoids the tax. otherwise we would've tried to acquire a second piece from OKC for the +25%. I'm sure they wanted that to lower their tax bill. they probably would've let us keep one of the pick swaps.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  7. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Op posted this yesterday.

since then we have signed tyson chandler and bennett.

hardly huge splashes but still working it never stop dont stop get it get it.

Im all for being critical and I think tilmann is mafia. That said Im giving fernie the benefit of the doubt even though the only restaurant I have ever gotten food poisoning was the tuna steak at joes crap shack.

So on the one hand we probably all know theres some built in cheapness but the rainforest cafe is kinda neat. Admit it.

So lets take a second here and in meantime the warriors lakers nets philly didn't sign chandler or "let off some steam" bennett. So the thread has aged very poorly 24 hours in. ouch..

The overall negativity here is actually really kinda sad.

Its becoming unenjoyable to hear people whine all day when we just got an mvp.

Like literally if we got michael jordan people would say something like hes ball dominate or maybe not as good at 3s as a dale ellis type.

This is tired.

I honestly think many come here as troll fans of other teams trying to fake as rockets fans.
    Surely people cant be this negative?

Im sure that middle schooler the thunder get and cp3 busted motor is going to come and bite! We will see in 2028!!

Also people you have to give up something to get something. Its called a "trade" now you might be of the mind to box up some dog s*hit and try to send that off. In many ways thats what we did!

All the same doomsday people here said same about ryan anderson contract! So we moved off another risk that rewarded but we friggin cut bait folks...and Guess what? We DID trade a bag of dog sh*it for freaking westbrook and you guys are still whining.

What a bunch of babies my god.

And friggin when has one ever played basketball and said " oh hes good but his skill set is so similar we wont be good playing together?" Like when?

Basketball is a game where you stack out good players. Are there teams like adelman princeton offense or the neat offense popovich has put out there that is more team focused? Well sure but as much as the spurs will be pains in asses too no one is shaking in their boots over that either. 2 really good basketball players on a team is a big deal.

And these guys have known each other since 10 years old.

Why cant we have the feels a bit that these guys are reuniting?

Okc fan base is possibly right in that we have some pretty lame ass fans and these 2 might take their ball. Or 2 balls or all 4 balls and go and play somewhere else.

If anyone should step it up we should.

Tyson chandler / bennett overall number 1(yeah bust ok) but all since op started this thread less than 24 hours ago

Smh is right

8. macan

macan Member

Tilboy is broke

IBTL likes this.
  9. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

We are a broke fan base.

Id almost rather us be "boo santa claus in philly" bad fans then something like lame ass dallas cowboy fans.

10. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I know man. I really don't understand how this whining little pathetic child is still allowed to post here.
    All we see is the same stupid played out cliches over and over again. These people aren't even clever enough to be creative while trolling their own team.
    Blah blah blah, CP3 has ruined this team, we can never trade him.... Gets traded... Blah blah blah, Westbrook sucks, why would we trade CP3 and awesome BBIQ for him.

This place is downright pathetic and depressing. Bunch of spoiled brats.

Invisible Fan and raining threes like this.
  11. kkthksbai

kkthksbai Member

I'm confused as to why people here don't just put the crap posters on ignore

RichieBanks likes this.
  12. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Ha op is not a complete troll and I have grown to like him. He has good headlines.
    I want him to do a headline of "weekend at fern t***" then photoshop in fertittys.

So its not even op. He happened to be the one that posted this sentiment of negativity that a large contingent of people here are jumping on. This thread was just an example of the negative mindset.

So not even op but there are a few that are volume posters always spouting doomsday and rebuild. It really makes it all more grey. Its like sowing dissent all the time. And these are fans? Weird man. I wish I had that much time to go on spurs boards or mavs boards and troll.

The negativity feels like a big ball of their own projections..They are the living equivalent of moms basement guy or in this case the spare room on dairy ashford guy..call up that shrink in beverly hills.

You know the one

Invisible Fan likes this.
  13. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Of course he’s going to duck the tax.

Wb was a move to get a flashier player and sell tix even though he’s grossly inefficient . Tillman is all about the $ and cost saving

14. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Cheap. Eliminated the extra team buses. Traded in the team plane for a hash wall 737 Max. Per diem for Kelvin Sampson is a $7.35 Arby's gift card for the whole day. Cant afford collard shirts, 76ers GM was cop'n shirts with EXTRA big collars. Fr though. He's cheap. Nobody likes him. Next.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

your schtick is so boring and played out

Sep11ie likes this.
  16. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I disagree. Every thread this idiot starts is the same exact garbage, but worded differently.

IBTL likes this.
  17. Sean Dr34ms

Sean Dr34ms Member

If anything it should be the other way around and try and duck the tax at the end of the contracts.

Gray_Jay and pippendagimp like this.
  18. BigBum

BigBum Member

If using Shump's contract to bring on $7 million dollars/year + Gordon 19 million/year (don't use any MLE)
    Total payroll would be 145M in 2020-21 season plus 15 million luxury taxes a year.

Rivers continues to be vet Min.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I like that in a thread mostly filled with trolling, troll bashing, fan bashing, and ignorance, there's at least a couple of serious attempts of adding info. I'm very curious about Shumpert.

20. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

you can do that?