1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the Texans pull an Oilers?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Joe Joe, Mar 8, 2002.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

I remember one year in which the Oilers spent 3 or 4 picks from rds 3-6 one year on defensive backs because they were hurting for a secondary besides for Dishman. I believe they got Marcus Robertson, Darryl lewis, and/or Steve Jackson in this Draft.

I think the texans will load up on DBs and LBs in Rds 2-5 using the shotgun method to fill holes in the starting defense and create depth.

This is Capers. I don't see him entering this season without a full defense. The DL may be "thin" because they will have to have some offensive players.

In the next few years, the Oilers went after skill players like George, McNair, Chris Sanders, and the occasional defensive replacement because they didn't need secondary players or new OL players very often. The Texans are mostly young and under 30. They shouldn't have to replace, upgrade many starters on defense, the OL, and QB for atleast three years after this season.

I see a piece meal offense for one year in which a QB not named Carr has to lead. If he does this well he may hold off Carr. If he doesn't, Carr gets to learn with a retooled offense at the skill positions.