1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the Rockets ever beat a quality team...?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Surfguy, Jan 5, 2000.

1. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

We have come close so many times and, some how, we always have some kind of excuse. Oh, if we only had Cato or if Dream was in, we would have won that game or the officiating was horrible or whatever. I think we have one win against...who...Phoenix...at home with CB. The rest have been wins against teams that are either at the same level or worse than us.

So, how can the Rockets be talking playoffs when they can't even beat a team that is better than them? Are they hoping for a miracle? Have they forgotten that we are in a hole that keeps growing? It's nice to be all optimistic but, come on guys, at least win a game against a quality team before blabbing about how you think we will make the playoffs. Talk is cheap....everyone knows that.

Personally, I don't see us making the playoffs. Dream may be the missing link. Then again, he may fail to find his niche like it appeared earlier in the season. And, he has a lot of rust to shake off. Still, no matter what we do we always seem to come away with the same result against winning teams...a LOSS. I agree with Rudy that it's important to play good against these teams but if you don't get the tangible WIN at some point in some game during the season, then it really doesn't do much for you. A trait of alot of the losing teams is the inability to come away with a win. That is what losing is all about. If you play well for 36 minutes and play like crap the last 12 minutes, does that mean you are getting better because you played most of the game well. Most crappy teams can play well for spurts. It's the good teams that play well at the right times(mainly, crunch time) that makes them winners. We don't have that luxury. We still have missing pieces to the puzzle. I don't see the Rockets making the playoffs unless the Dream can make the dream come alive again.

It would help if we could at least get one win against a quality team.

Surfguy