1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the NBA voters never give Harden MVP?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Habby52, Dec 16, 2016.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Westbrook going to be the first 8th seed MVP.

DonKnock and bearded like this.
  2. Beatlemaniac19

Beatlemaniac19 New Member

As dumb as this sounds, I think I know why people hate Harden...the beard. Conservative America doesn't like promoting someone who is rebellious and isn't as relatable (the average American doesn't have a beard). They'd rather promote a light skinned guy like Curry to appeal to whites, blacks and women because he's less intimidating.

Trust me. Really conservative people I know say Harden looks like a terrorist. Too much Fox News if you ask me. But that's just an observation I've noticed.The bad defense, flopping, ball hog BS is just an excuse and this is the reason I think conservative America hates him.

I've even tried to convince my brother, a true Harden hater, that he's great last season. He calls him a ball hog and I tell him he averages 7.5 assists. Then he tells me "he just passes to open shooters" LMAO what a dumbass. Isn't that the definition of an assist?! But he is super conservative so I think he falls into this demographic

Dopamine, RCPM, rocketsfan611 and 2 others like this.
  3. Nivos

Nivos Member

I think the MVP vote is rigged.
    LeBron will only need a solid "LeBron type" season to win it (26,7,8).
    I keep hearing it from reporters around the league.
    They feel like they "owe" it to him or something.
    Harden was the true MVP in 2014-5 and he is the true MVP so far this season.

4. Beatlemaniac19

Beatlemaniac19 New Member

I think the best thing Harden has going for him:

1) No other contender for the MVP (KD made a b**** move, can't give him it, plus if they win less than 73 then you can't actually be an MVP because your team is actually worse; Westbrook will be a stat machine, but his team will be 6-8 seed, Spurs are always good so Kawhi will be overlooked, LeBron is taking it easy in the regular season these days. That leaves Harden as the front runner)
    2) Voter guilt (voters feel like they owe him after the 2015 vote)

joomba likes this.
  5. joomba

joomba Member

actually, this is not a crazy conjecture at all; a lot of people too have told me that they're not very fond of Harden's beard because it resembles that of muslim terrorists. the unconscious bias is real, most people just don't get the quirky and unorthodox aspect of Harden's character. His style of play is also very unique, which leads to polarizing opinions about him.

I don't really care about the mass opinion because most people are uninformed anyway, but the media better acknowledge Harden's greatness if this season goes well.

#25 joomba, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    DonKnock likes this.
  6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

FINALLY! a media conspiracy thread worthy of the name. Good work fellas.

#mediaconspiracy

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

[​IMG]

#27 Tha_Dude, Dec 16, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2016
    DreamShook likes this.
  8. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

Fooled you

9. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

I notice that too with people from all over...they seem to share a distinct dislike for James Harden. I spend so much time defending him it's insane.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. MistaK

MistaK Member

Those people do like Santa though I suppose? Harden is like a fitter, younger, blacker version of Santa...

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

12. bearded

bearded Member

I like the beard theory, makes sense.

Taking that into consideration, and considering all circumstances, unless Harden shaves his beard in any of the seasons to come, this year is his best chance for an MVP for the following reasons:

- He plays like a boss
    - The team will finish with a good record and a high seed on a strong Western conference
    - Westbrook who is his main rival will most likely lead the team to a .500 record which was always a deterrent for voters
    - Durant, Curry are quasi- not eligible due to the super-team stuff and GS having the MVP in the last 2 seasons. A 3rd straight in GS would be too much.
    - Lebron is taking it easy on the season it seems
    - Kawhi is playing well but is not out of this world,and as someone else already noted the Spurs are solid so they will most probably overlook him

The bottom line is , James, if you keep this up and you don't win it this year, just shave brah

DonKnock likes this.
  13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

There are a lot of good choices for MVP this year. Harden has as good a chance as anyone, so long as the Rockets keep playing well and he keeps up his level of play. But the season is young, and it's premature to get worked up over MVP talk at this stage.

Right now, Westbrook is putting up some unprecedented numbers, so naturally there is a lot of buzz for him. In addition to having a realistic shot of leading the league in scoring and assists, he may also average a triple double.

14. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would rather see Harden learn to deal with physical contact and be effective when he isn't getting calls (midrange game?) then win the MVP

15. joomba

joomba Member

lol, Harden is already one of the best finishers at the rim - way better than Westbrook, percentage wise - and his mid-range has been pretty solid this season.

DonKnock likes this.
  16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

In my mind hes already the 4th best SG ever behind Jordan, Kobe and Wade.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Harden's stats are not going to win him the regular season MVP unless one of the following three things happen:
    -Significant games missed by the MVP of the eventual #1 seed
    -Rockets win the #1 seed
    -Rockets win a title and Harden wins the finals MVP and then the next year the Rockets are still in contention for a top seed

In the much more likely case that he's the clear statistical leader but is on a 3-4 seed, voters will continue to favor the #1 seed as they usually do.

I'm not saying it in a negative way towards Harden - I don't think it's fair either. But I think it's how things work these days.

18. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Doesnt really make a whole lot of sense though at the same time. Harden is Christian and does the Catholic Cross everytime he checks in and is regarded as a good person off court. If people weren't lazy bastards they may see the truth

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm talking in the playoffs when he won't get the calls

20. Jimmy Chitwood

They'll give it to him if he deserves it.

The self-victimizing is so strong with Rockets fans. Almost worse than Spurs fans.

Os Trigonum likes this.