1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will the bullet to Landry cost us homecourt advantage?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by zzphilipjulia, Mar 17, 2009.

Tags:
  1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I hope that RA will move Artest to the 4 spot when Luis is out for offense and Chuck for defense. Deke should keep on getting minutes as Yao's backup.
    Wafer,Battier and Lowry/Brooks/Barry will have to contribute more as well. I don't see White or Cook having much of a role.
    Landry's absence will be felt but I think we will be ok provided we play smart team basketball.

2. TMac4Life#1

TMac4Life#1 Member

I'm not trying to bash you but there is a 22 page thread about Carl Landry and the shooting situation. This could have been said there.

3. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

+1

...I guess some people think their commentary is more important than everyone else.

4. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

No, it will not. Most of the games Landry is expected to miss are not too difficult, and remember that we already went on a couple week stretch without him earlier this season, and we played very well.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I hope James White gets some mins.

Really unfortunate and sad about Landry. When I first saw it I thought it was more serious and Landry is very lucky with the results.

6. zzphilipjulia

zzphilipjulia Member

Unfortunately, nobody mentioned this issue in that 22 pages thread. :rolleyes:

7. ralphabetsoup

ralphabetsoup Member

We'll be fine, if Deke plays.

Wish Carl a speedy recovery and the best of health, bball or no bball.

8. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

We should hire Vernon Maxwell for security, just in case any of these punks try to bring it courtside. :cool:

9. Da Wink

Da Wink Member

I think Cook will be given time instead of White in order to replace Landry's offense..

10. tsunami

tsunami Member

yes it will

11. yobod

yobod Member

Dude, you're the one talking about how this team is cursed, and how that bullet may have cost us home court advantage, not me. Yes, you overreact. The man was shot, but in the scheme of things, it could have been WAY worse. And, home court advantage is going to come down to a lot more things than Carl Landry being in the lineup.

12. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

We beat the hornets without Yao...

Don't see why we can't beat lesser teams like the Pistons and Phoenix without Landry

13. UrlPerlMonroe

UrlPerlMonroe Rookie

I hope they catch the bastards who did this! This really pissess of the fans to no end.

14. iconoclastic

iconoclastic Member

I think Landry is underrated by this board, especially when Yao will be out/half-strength for a stretch of tough games. We're a tossup to win our next 2 weeks of games without Mandry whereas with him we would have won 66% of them.

15. JSUB11

JSUB11 Member

You guys are crazy. First, Alston gets traded and its the end of the world. Toss in the towel! No way we'll be a top 3 seed! Now, Carl needs to take some time off and its the end of the world all over again!

You people sure like to scare each other silly.

16. yobod

yobod Member

THANK YOU! I understand that our upcoming schedule is insanely hard, but seriously, calm down. We aren't gonna go 0-13 because Landry needs to take time off, just like we weren't gonna go 13-0 if he was playing. It sucks not having him, but this gives guys like Dike, Hayes, and maybe even White a chance to show us what they're here for. And I agree with the posters who said this could have been said in the already existing thread about Landry.....no need to create a new one.

17. Republic

Republic Member

It makes no difference where our first round exit takes place.

18. rhinology

rhinology Member

Kind of.

Last time Landry missed 5 games, we went 4-1, including beating Dallas and Cleveland.

19. diegot143

diegot143 Member

to make up for Landry Deke needs to get minutes, he has shown that he is a freak of nature and that he can produce dang it. Also, i think power forward is our deepest position and we will miss Landry but we will not collapse with out him. Hayes is very capable of giving good minutes bc of his defense. I wish Landry a good recovery and what a damn shame that this has to happen, altleast it is not serious and he will be ok

20. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Man, your priorities are screwed up. I could care less about home court. I hope Landry recovers.