1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will not put Tucker on the table

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Oct 10, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Either way, PJ Tucker is rolling in his grave over being linked to Tucker Carlson.

clutchdabear and hakeem94 like this.
  3. JW86

JW86 Member

Best news of the offseason. F Butler!

Little Bit likes this.
  4. basketballholic

Nailed it.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  5. basketballholic

No it's not. Tucker makes $8 million per season. And he's Draymond's kryptonite. Draymond makes how much????????????????????????????

hakeem94 and saleem like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

[​IMG]

tc0330, snowconeman22 and saleem like this.
  7. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Not this **** again...

8. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

That's an incredible starting 5. It looks like an it could be a lineup from an All-Star game. But how does our bench fare then?

James Ennis
    MCW
    Gerald Green
    Nene
    Brandon Knight
    Gary Clark
    Isaiah Hartenstein

I'd definitely want Melo coming off the bench and Ennis in the starting lineup so we can still have some punch off the bench. It'd be great if Brandon Knight could play at a level resembling his pre-injury days. Definitely would need MCW to keep playing at the level he's been playing. I worry about teams adjusting to his fit because he has such an obvious weakness.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  9. Jerry36

Jerry36 Member

You can't lose 2 rotation players for one. If you do that trade our defense takes a step backward.

10. pacman0590

pacman0590 Member

Nobody was hyped for the Tucker signing, everyone fell in love with Tucker. Similar to M'bah. There are plenty of defensive 4's in the NBA that can hold Draymond off.. When playing GSW I'm more concerned with KD, Steph, and Klay going off than Draymond. Butler brings Bev like defense with better size.

11. basketballholic

No. There is not plenty of defensive 4's that can hold Draymond and all bigs in the post plus defend point guards on the ball at the top in space plus be a plus 3-point shooter. Those guys are incredibly rare. And that is why he's not going to be traded.

hakeem94 likes this.
  12. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

we already have a great core to build around for years

13. jb86

jb86 Member

If this were to happen, I would pick up Nick Young and Jamal Crawford for the bench.

14. ilias

ilias Member

People are right that players like Tucker and Draymond are extremely rare. We are unlikely to be able to replace Tucker like for like. However, we can find available players that could do a lot of what PJ does. Then the question becomes, is the upgrade from Gordon to Butler worth the downgrade from PJ to his replacement. I believe it can be, if we find the right player. There are guys like Marcus Morris and James Johnson that would make sense, but are not available.

I think Jamychal Green or Bobby Portis, plus Butler would make us a better team. Both should be attainable with a first rounder. Both can play the 5 in small lineups and hit the 3 as stretch PFs. Demarre Caroll would also work for me, but trading for his contract is tougher.

rhee likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

its hard to believe not including tucker will be a deal breaker.. i mean why would thibs want and ask for tucker so much so not to make the deal... tucker is much more valuable to morey than to thibs

clutchdabear likes this.
  16. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Idk the salaries but what about...Gordon, Ennis and 1st round

17. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Can't trade Ennis.

18. RealRocFan47

RealRocFan47 Member

If Morey could make the money work, Wpuld u guys trade PJ if they could throw in Taj Gibson????

19. matchesmalone

matchesmalone Member

I’d rather have a tweener that can guard wings like PJ. Taj doesn’t help much against the Warriors at his age

hakeem94 and clutchdabear like this.