1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will it ever rain IN Reliant Stadium???

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by RNuss02, Apr 24, 2002.

1. RNuss02

RNuss02 Member

How often will Reliant Stadium's roof be open and stay open? This is sort of a r****ded question, and isn't really bothering me in any way, so don't search for the logic behind it. I was just wondering, because we play in the fall and winter. We all know that it remains warm in H-town until november/december, but that's not the point. I think football was made to be played in varying weather conditions. I understand many domes are weather, and temperature controlled, but if you have the opportunity to play a game in the mud, rain, or sleet, it just adds to the excitement and intensity of a game. So, my question is, will the roof close every time there is adverse weather, other than 65 to 75 degrees and sunny, or are they willing to let in a little of the elements that make for hard-nosed football experiences??

2. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think they consider the elements an element they wish to avoid.;)

3. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

While I agree with you that rain, sleet, snow, and the like do add a lot of excitement to the game, I seriously doubt that they would have spent all that money for a retractable dome just so they couldn't use it. :(

4. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure it will rain inside Reliant Stadium (roof open for grass), but never during events.

5. arkoe

arkoe (ง'̀-'́)ง

Unfortunately, Smokey's right.

6. Old School

Old School Member

I've heard rain is the only thing they will close it for...I believe the heat is not an issue with them.

os

7. Live

Live Member

Aren't they installing the same type of turf Nebraska uses in Reliant?

8. Smokey

Smokey Contributing Member

No, Reliant Stadium will be 100% natural grass. However, the Texans practice bubble uses Nexturf.