1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Glenn Robinson be coming here?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Achebe, Jul 13, 2000.

1. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

Everytime I hear that the Rockets are interested in a particular player, I go to their playerfile on nba.com. Invariably, the player has a career high that was set against the Rockets. I'm not sure if the interest on the Rockets part is of contempt, or if CD and RudyT do not watch tapes... and have to go off the games they play against these players. [​IMG]

Glenn Robinson had a career high in fga: 33 vs. Rockets, 11/16/95. Will that pave the road for Glenn coming here? There was some talk about 'prosthetic legs II' coming here during the season, but I'm not sure if it was just fanciful or not.

Personally, I'd rather see Walt stay. He's cheaper, as effective (the last 20 games or so), and his socks are 1/4" shorter than Mr. Robinson's.

------------------
    The ClutchCity 500.

2. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

Is Walt cheaper? I thought they were around the same salary range.

One thing though, Glen can light it up much more regularly. If it took Walt to get Glen, I'd do it.

------------------
    "I've been licking this carpet for hours and I still don't feel like a lesbian!"

3. Achebe

NBATalk's salary page is confusing. It reads that he has a 10 year contract up in 2004, worth 68 Million dollars. Considering he's only been in the league for 6 years, I'm somewhat perplexed.

I thought for sure he had some gargantuan contract, but perhaps I'm wrong.

------------------
    The ClutchCity 500.

4. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

5. Achebe

I think you're right DEAN, I just brought it up because of their concern in retaining Tim Thomas. If Tim stays, it would seem as if Glen Rob. would have to go.

------------------
    The ClutchCity 500.

6. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

Rumors have it Krause will offer Thomas the max. If that happens Big Dog stays. Croshere stayed in Houston today talking contract, so the Rockets could "win the lotto" if they could land him.

------------------
    "Is this thing on? I'm in charge now"-Alexander Haig

7. SmeggySmeg

SmeggySmeg Contributing Member

I think i would be willing to take the extra hit in salary for a bit more length in sock, plus he is a much superior basketball player than walt.

------------------
    Stuff BBS, the Rockets and you guys

It's all Clippers these days, come join the bandwagon and visit

http://www.ClippersCity.net

8. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Big Dog's contract was extended this season.. I THINK it was until 2005 or maybe 2007, I can't remember which...

I wouldn't want to give up too much for him - sure he's a GREAT scorer, but if anyone saw him attempt to play defense in the playoffs.... it was pitiful, he just got used by anyone who wanted to... plus that massive, long term contract could be a bit of a millstone around the Rockets neck....

------------------

9. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"NBATalk's salary page is confusing. It reads that he has a 10 year contract up in 2004, worth 68 Million dollars. Considering he's only been in the league for 6 years, I'm somewhat perplexed."

If he has 4 years left in it (till 04), 4+6=10, what's so perplexing? Is it the value? It was signed prior to the new CBA, so it didn't have a monetary limits.

------------------
    The more lefties on your team, the better.
    Collier is Seven Foot and Left Handed. How can you go wrong?
    Trade or bench Kenny Thomas.

10. Achebe

Nike, my whole confusion is determining how much money he makes a year. He wasn't signed out of college for $70 Million, so there had to be a contract extension somewhere in there.

------------------
    The ClutchCity 500.

11. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

The Bender site has him earning:

Glenn Robinson (Mil) $7,250,000 in the 1999 - 2000 season. On another page, they show an extension.

Mango

------------------
    1. Put new topics in the proper forum
    2. Use clear wording for new threads
    3. No duplicate threads
    4. Conduct yourself as an adult

The Serious Police are watching

Donate Blood!
    All will be assimilated.

12. Gascon

Gascon Member

The whole Glenn Robinson rumor is a vicious lie......at least that's what I keep telling myself. [​IMG]

------------------
    "I'll take a Dream Shake for two, please."

13. Sherlock

Sherlock Contributing Member

Please, no Glenn Robinson. We need to rebuild. Croshere, Lewis, Maggette, Miles, Fizer, Szczerbiak, Harpring, Marion, Terence Morris or Gerald Wallace next year, even Leon Smith, but not Glenn Robinson. He may be a good shooter, but I don't believe he'd run with the young'uns.

------------------
    the more I know, the more I know I don't know...

14. Achebe

Cool... thanks Mango.

Sherlock... Glenn is 26 or 27.

------------------
    The ClutchCity 500.