1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Fuller - Texans 1st round pick, 21st overall

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by J.R., Apr 28, 2016.

?

Do you agree with this pick?

1. YES

77.4%
  2. NO

22.6%
  1. Remix

Remix Member

Braddock was one of the first people yelling midget hands on the radio after Fuller was picked. He hated the pick

Probably dieing inside after Fuller's first two performances

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Not only after the pick, but for weeks and weeks after. I heard him just murder people on the radio that disagreed with him. It really made me not like him at all. Braddock's head swelled quickly after he started getting time on air.

3. I am a Donut

I am a Donut Contributing Member

I think you're right. I have a hunch that Fuller's biggest weakness is nerves. If he can up his mental game, his confidence, he may be great.

4. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I think Lance Z said the same thing.

I think we need a money ball moment in the nfl.

5. Buck Turgidson

Michael Irvin and Alvin Harper

6. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Think of a non-Cow comparison

Carter-Moss

7. Buck Turgidson

Jerry Rice and John Taylor?

Reason I said that first pair is that they explicitly said they wanted speed opposite Irvin, thus they drafted Harper.

8. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Yup. He good.

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Will Fuller has 18 targets on the season. <br>13 have been 20 yards or more. <br>4/13 for 138 yards <br>1 TD/1 Drop (34.5 ypc)<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/777694958966878209">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I will be the first to admit, I thought Fuller would open things up for Hopkins. It is working in the reverse.</p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/777700968087420928">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">On Fuller’s 53 yard reception in the first half. Marcus Peters is 11 yards off and still didn’t help. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texans?src=hash">#Texans</a> <a href="https://t.co/AEOOoHkSwC">pic.twitter.com/AEOOoHkSwC</a></p>&mdash; PDS (@PatDStat) <a href="https://twitter.com/PatDStat/status/777669544353509378">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NFL?src=hash">#NFL</a> Receiving Leaders:<br><br>1. Stefon Diggs - 285<br>2. Willie Snead - 226<br>3. A.J. Green - 218<br>T4. Brandin Cooks - 211<br>T4. Will Fuller - 211</p>&mdash; James R. Harrison (@TheGrandstandUS) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheGrandstandUS/status/777747088465465344">September 19, 2016</a></blockquote>

11. the shark

the shark Member

Screw the Bears, nobody is comparing their secondary to the Chiefs, you used it as an excuse as to why he had success in that match up. What's your excuse for him having over 100 yds receiving against the Chiefs?

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually people did compare the Bears and the Chiefs when people said Fuller was going to run over the rest of the league like they ran over the Bears.

If I'd wanted to talk **** about Fuller last week I'd have talked about the ugly drop or the end zone ball that Glenn knocked away. I mentioned neither.

But it's good that you can tell me what I meant.

Anything else I meant that I didn't know about? Did I sneak a worshipful ode to Satan in there? Maybe attack your family or something.

It takes someone special to build a strawman that they then use to deceive themselves. Good luck with that.

#732 Ottomaton, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Zierlein had Fuller as his top WR pre-draft. Don't believe me? He made all these rankings since he wrote all the draft profiles for each of these WR's.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker#dt-tabs:dt-by-position/dt-by-position-input:wr

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/profiles/will-fuller?id=2555346

Hate on Braddock all you want. He's gotten it wrong so far. But LZ was right on this pick.

14. the shark

the shark Member

A lot of the so-called NFL experts think that explosive plays (plays of twenty yds or more--how many you have compared to how many you give up) are just as important in winning the turnover battle when it comes to winning games.

So Fuller is "averaging" 23.4 yds per catch thru two games, which is considered EXPLOSIVE PLAYS, and yet Otto (who likes to think of himself as an NFL talent evaluator:eek:) says Fuller isn't explosive at all?

Otto can you please provide the list of NFL or college teams that are paying you for your wisdom?

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

watching slow-mo replays of his over the shoulder attempts and it appears to me that small hands is a non-factor. it's his technique and t-rex arms that are the issue. many times he loses view of the ball because of his helmet or the ball hits his face but that's only because his t-rex arms bring his hands very close to his face. i think he can fix that with over the shoulder reps.

16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

LOL.

Generate your own definition of a word that I used - explosive - and then tell me that based on that definition I am wrong.

Hilarious. It is pretty clear how I'very been using that word since back in January when I started talking about the draft. An explosive play by the team (which is not a way I ever have or would use the word) is not the same thing as an athlete with explosive change of direction.

Keep 'em coming, Ahab. I'm sure you'll get that whale eventually.

#736 Ottomaton, Sep 19, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  17. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Its only a matter of time before we bubble screen the hell out of teams giving up that kind of cushion.

18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I think its hilarious when supposed draft experts take a stand and say "so and so is going to be awful.".... because that always comes back to bite them.

As opposed to the reverse situation, "so and so is going to be awesome!"... but when they bust, nobody really cares because that's the nature of any and all draft picks in all sports. They all don't make it.

But going out on a limb and saying a player is guaranteed to fail is just asking for trouble (unless its a clearly obvious candidate like Manziel).

19. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Don't get me wrong, I love the 53-yd bomb and I love that we actually go for plays like this. But on 3rd and 2, with an 11 yd cushion, that should have been a quick out route for a safe 1st down.

20. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

I apologize, that was 2nd down. Carry on Godsey.