1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will D'Antoni rest the starters?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BarkleyHater84, Apr 5, 2017.

?

Should Mike D' Antoni rest the starters or play the starters their regular minutes?

1. Rest the key guys

2. Play hard into the playoffs

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. BarkleyHater84

We are going to Rockets vs Pistons this Friday (4/7). I know it sounds selfish, but I am really hoping to see the starters play their regular minutes, even though Houston has locked up the three seed.
    Do you think the team should start resting guys or try and go into the playoffs with an edge?

2. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yes, easily. Especially Gordon and Ariza.

3. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Yeah, what's the point. 3rd seed is locked.

4. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Certainly play them, but more towards a pre-season rotation vs playoff rotation.

5. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Rest no doubt. This is the best time to do that and give the young guys some mins.

I say play 3/4th of the game against the pistons and half the game against the kings and Clippers for the starters. Sit out the timberwolves game at home entirely.

Mike D can spinkle in a whole "DNP" in for certain players in the 3 games coming up, but not everyone.!

I think that would be ideal.

6. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He's an old school dumbass like our other past coaches

7. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He should rest them but they are trying to get Harden the MVP award. Can't do that without playing the starters.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd like to see them win the next 4 games. I think it will help going into the playoffs, and I think it will solidify James as MVP. 57-25 is no joke.

9. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

I'd want them to play but at low minutes. Win out the season and go into the playoffs rolling. I feel like rest is overrated for young guys. The sched isn't so bad the rest of the way and the games should be easy enough to blow out.

10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

The point is to clinch the 3rd best record in the league. That guarantees homecourt in the Finals should the Rockets make it that far, and it certainly can't hurt in the MVP race.

11. jeffvangundy

jeffvangundy Member

Play regular minutes vs the clippers on national TV, other then that, minutes should just be cut like the spurs did with Kawhi and LA playing 15 minutes yesterday.

RocketWalta and Stormy1234 like this.
  12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i really want them to get 56 wins. if they have enough left in for the regular season, they should go for it. but if they lose more than 2 games, shut it down

13. BigSquirm

BigSquirm Member

give a ariza and Gordon rest because when there both on we are pretty hard to beat but ryno needs to knock the rust off

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I hope he rests finals MVP Troy WIlliams

Could care less about the rest

No Chill Rocket likes this.
  15. macan

macan Member

Rest of games are meaningless, gotta rest Harden, i'll be very happy if his wrist is healed 100% when the playoff starts.

basketballholic likes this.
  16. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Key players should play but max 15 -20 minutes a game. That should be enough to stay in rhythm but also get rest.

17. mrstriker316

mrstriker316 Member

Gordon and Ariza needs rest!

18. basketballholic

Not only do Harden and the key guys need rest but we need to see if we have anything in Taylor and Onuaku. Those two should get major minutes the last 4 games. Taylor needs to see major time running the offense and Onuaku needs to be stacked up against starting centers to see how he holds up defensively in the middle.

Cash Cam likes this.
  19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Rest them in the sense of play then less in games. Maybe reduce starters minutes by 30%. Enough time to win games, keep them in game mode, and let our bench get ready.

BarkleyHater84 likes this.
  20. BarkleyHater84

I believe that the starters should play the majority of their regular minutes, if healthy, but get pulled when the remaining games get out of hand. Go into the playoffs having played hard until the end. Going into the playoffs content could lead to a slow start against OKC.