1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Will Cain] The Houston Rockets is the best place for Jimmy Butler. CP3 can handle him.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Snow Villiers, Oct 11, 2018.

1. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

21st TAKE!

DonKnock likes this.
  2. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I think in Jimmy's mind, the two go hand in hand. If HE'S the main alpha on a team, making the most money, and the face of the franchise, then he gets to control who he plays with. He won't put up with soft players and soft attitudes. It's flawed, but I can understand where he's coming from. He sees guys like LeBron, Harden, CP3, even Kyrie getting their way, and making their own destiny.....he wants that too.

3. topfive

topfive CF OG

[​IMG]

4. topfive

topfive CF OG

This! This! THIS!

s3ts, Deuce and Roc Paint like this.
  5. PhiSlammaJamma

The moment is going to be When Harden puts up 44 and then sags into the lane on Defense when Butler is chewing the guys bubblegum. And then you will have total meltdown. I think Butler just has to realize not all players have motors. It sucks. But it's self awareness. When Wiggins was drafted everyone knew this was a possibility, and it played out.

burlesk likes this.
  6. Nivos

Nivos Member

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I like to see the day when Butler barks at the MVP for not putting his best effort and it's legit sustained beef.

8. acsorelle4

acsorelle4 Member

Why CP3 gotta handle everyone's b.s.? Lol!

9. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I agree. I think a big part of Jimmy's problem is the betas over there in Wiggins and Towns. Passive aggressive guys like that can really light a fire under the competitive guys. Just because chemistry doesn't work with them together doesn't mean they can't work apart.

10. PhiSlammaJamma

There's no risk since we are behind the Warriors, and we need to upgrade. So if it can happen. It should happen.

11. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

People said the same thing ad nauseum about Chris Paul before he was here. Turns out if guys respect each other off the court, that won't happen.

I think we're making a dangerous assumption that on-court play is the same as locker room interactions.

High Vibrationz and DonKnock like this.
  12. MaxRider

MaxRider Member

lol
    I remembered that play. Everyone thought it was the first free throw attempt. Even the referee are clueless. Only like two players on the court know what is going on.

s3ts and DonKnock like this.
  13. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Jimmy is in it for the $$$$$$$$$$$
    But if the Tillman wants him here for a one year rental.... So be it

rocketman84 likes this.
  14. macan

macan Member

a first take thread without a video? come on man

15. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

16. Chamillionaire

If there's a journalist I could kill and get away with, it'd be this b****.

17. MVP4THREE

MVP4THREE Member

i used to like Jimmy Butler until he started this little temper tantrum and began acting like a...

[​IMG]

18. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

"Oh he wants to win..."
    "He just has such a competitive fire..."
    "He just has problems when guys aren't as committed to winning as he is..."

If all that were true... Knicks, Nets and Clips wouldn't have been the teams at the top of his list...

sometimes you gotta read between the lines...

His priorities:
    Max money... fair enough, i cant fault a man for looking out for his wallet...
    Wants to be the alpha dog... hmmm...thats sounding more like ego than winning...
    Covets a team that has space to bring in more high dollar players... why not a team that can pay him that already has good pieces? Is that to make a winning team - or bring in his buddies... thats sounding like a control thing...

yehhhhhh..... i'm not reading competitive spirit in all that... I'm reading prima donna thats wants to get paid and be in charge....

jus sayin...

rocketman84 and Remlap like this.
  19. RoyalGuard

RoyalGuard Member

First of all its not cp3 job to handle a grown man. Second Jimmy butler pulled that same "ish" in Chicago with some of the young bulls and it was rajon rondo who checked him. Point is Jimmy pulls that on who lets him get away with it. He wouldn't do that here.

20. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Didnt watch or listen, but i must say Will Cain is the only logically sensible person on that dumbass show.