1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Barkley Lose Composure?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Doctor Robert, Nov 25, 1999.

Tags:
  1. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I have to be completely honest.

Although it would be terrible sportsmanship, the little football fan in me would just love to see Barkley start a fight with Pippen.

I'm sure that Barkley is a grudge holder because of his personality type and I think that in some way he is burning to get back at Scottie. Whether that surfaces as anger, or desire to win I have no idea, but I would definetly be ON MY FEET if he body slammed Pip like he did Shaquille.

Like the man said, "my grandma would be mad at me if I didn't defend myself"

2. Francis3

Francis3 Member

No he shouldnt do it. Its not good.
    But he should tell THOMAS HAMILTON to kick his ass. I would like to see hamilton eat pippen for dinner.

3. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I think Charles realizes that if he starts a fight with Pippen, his hopes for a title would go out the window with him being charged for murder and all...

4. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

But seriously, it would be worth the twelve game suspension to see Chuck put that rat b*stard in the hospital Kermit Wa$hington style.

[This message has been edited by AntiSonic (edited November 25, 1999).]

5. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

On a scale of 1 to 10 I would like to see a 4 to a 5.

1-vicious trash talk
    2-chest bumping
    3-hard foul
    4-flagrant foul
    5-glancing blow
    6-landed blow
    7-multiple blows
    8-bench clearing brawl
    9-squirting blood
    10-permanent damage

6. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I'd be thrilled to see 7-8.

7. Rocket101

Rocket101 Member

7-10 for me baby!!!!!!

------------------
    GO ROCKETS!!!!!!!!

8. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

7 works for me, we can enjoy a boxing match without paying for PPV.

9. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

I wanna see the run away dump truck take in HARD up and over for a slam just like he did Tuesday night. Then, turn and look at the ground at the squirming mass of slime and puss that constitutes Snottys innards. Maybe let a little of the sweat off of his brow splash across the lizards ugly puss.

10. FunkDoctor

FunkDoctor New Member

I would like to see what's on the menu for 11-15 before I make my choice.

11. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

I think $cottie should "put the past away." Afterall, he's the one talking **** about CB and the Rocks at every opportunity.

I'd like to see Pip "be like a man" after Charles drops his ass Shaft style.

12. MoonDogg

MoonDogg Member

Personally I would rather see Chucky drop 35 points and double digit rebounds on the whole Blazer team..... That would put more of a hurtin' on Scottie than rearranging his dental structure.

13. Ace

Ace Contributing Member

This is the way I want it to go:

Barkley starts off cold. I mean, he can't hit anything.

When the Blazers take a timeout early in the third, he'll see Pip laughing it up with his team mates. He starts joking about how big and lazy his ass is.

Charles looks over to the Blazers' bench and realizes that he is being mocked. Heck, even some of the fans get involved.

Then, Barklet takes over. He dominates. He's all over the place fighting for rebounds and getting the loose balls. Francis becomes the kind of point Charles is used to (at least with the Rox). He spends the rest of the game throwing the ball into the post.

At the end of the fourth, the Rockets are up by about 15 points with 2 minutes to go.
    Pippen is still in the game. At one point the Blazers take on a fast break. The Rockets players are being lazy again and so they don't really play defense. Pippen thinks he has an open dunk when, out of nowhere, Charles comes up and blocks the shot. Just like in the playoffs back in '95 (remember that nasty one he had against Clyde- ouch!).

Pippen falls to the ground and out of frustration gets up and attacks Sir Charles. For a while, CB4 is just too stunned to do anything. When he realizes what's going on, he defends himself...just like he did with Shaq. Pippen gets his ass kicked and the Rockets end up kicking Blazers' butt.

The refs look over the tapes and decide that this time Charles really acted in self defense. He doesn't get ejected, suspended, or fined.
    Pippen, on the other hand, get suspended for a total of 5 games and has to pay the league $25'000. On top of that, he has to pay the Rockets what they wasted on his ass last year!

Barkley finished with 33 points, 15 boards, and 1 nasty block!!

------------------
    Francis+Charles+Dream-Pippen= Rockets 2000 NBA
    Champions

14. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

GOD I AM PISSED! I SPEND 5 MINUTES TYPING UP A LENGTHY POST ABOUT WHAT CHARLES SHOULD DO TOMMORROW, AND MY BROWSER CRASHES!

I am just too pissed to re-type it all:

To sum it up in one sentence: Charles must stay out of the post, and focus on rebounding for the Rockets to win..

15. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

Ace- that is probably the sweetest scenario ever imagined. I'd love for something along those lines to happen. GREAT thinking!

Cab- I feel your pain, man. Happens to me a lot. [​IMG]

16. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

Somehow I don't see any Jailblazer fans demanding that their post up players like Brian Grant and Rasheed Wallace to stay out of low post and concentrate on rebounding for their team to win. It becomes more strange when some Rockets fans type the same demand over and over at everychance they got, when you consider Charles Barkley is a better passer, rebounder and post up player than Grant and Wallace. Guess winning changes everything, and when the team is not winning, someone has to be the scape goat of losing.

[This message has been edited by Finalfantasy (edited November 25, 1999).]

17. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

I am not afraid of the Jailblazers at all, the Rockets need to realize that even Jordan is a Blazer right now they are still not inconvincible. I don't think Blazers can win it all in the playoffs, they are not really tested yet. Their center position is weak(Sabonis is slow and don't have much stamina, Oneal is still learning) they don't have a real good shot blocker, the Rockets should be able to outrebound them if they give it all. Our guys like Cato and Walt must step up for us to win. The hope is not out of the window yet, this might be the turning point of the Rockets this season.

18. Francis3

Francis3 Member

I dont know why people make a big fuss about this team. They might have big player names. BUt so what, its not like they are all good.

Sabonis - Can shoot, But is slow and Hakeem can kill him

Grant - He is injured right now, besides he cant do well with so many players that want to have the ball

Pippen - Nothing to be said about him

Wallace - BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAm

Stoudamire- SUCKS!!! He is so small and sorry. I cant believe we were actually going after his sorry ass.

Smith - Injury Prone - Plus he sucks in playoffs.

19. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

AMEN, FF! Portland is far from unbeatable.

But even with that being said, a win over the "mighty" Blazers would go a long way in giving confidence to our young guys and help pull the team together faster.

Definitely could be the major turning point of the season, much like what happened to the Spurs during our first encounter with them last season.

------------------
    WE WILL WATCH THEM FALL.

20. thacabbage

thacabbage Contributing Member

FinalFantasy:

Ok, let's drop the Barkley should stay out of the post issue, seeing that we clearly have two different views on it. Instead, let me take a different approach. Don't you think Charles Barkley is much more effective when he is concentrating on rebounding rather than posting up. It opens up the game, and gets us more points off of putbacks. He is at his best when he is controlling the boards. When he is posting the game comes to a stand-still and other players are left watching. We need everyone involved with a more open floor offense. Also, Rasheed and BGrant don't post up nearly as much as Chuck do. They also aren't nearly as good rebounders as Charles is when he is focused on rebounding.

So instead of saying, Charles should not post up, would you agree with me if I said, Charles is more effective when he focuses on rebounding?