1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why we lose on the TMac situation

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rhester, Dec 31, 2009.

1. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

We lose because we are giving up too good of a player if he is healthy.
    I am a Rocket fan and if TMac IS healthy enough to log more minutes we are stupid not to reconcile whoever TMac is crossed up with be it Adelman, Morey or Alexander. Just watch the video. He is still able to-

1. Get his shot anytime he wants
    2. He can flat fill it up.
    3. He can get to the rack anytime he wants
    4. If he imposes his will he still can't be guarded 1 on 1
    5. He is a very good passer and has a high BB IQ
    6. He is our best scorer
    7. His defense sucks

So he's MeMac, who cares, he always busted his butt for the Rockets except when he was injured.

He changed his game for Van Grumpy

He even was our defensive stopper for a couple of seasons.

This is a lose-lose unless TMac is re-injured, cause the player I watched for 10 minutes on Dec. 22 against the Clippers was the best player on the court that night.

Anyways the video says it all, can he stay healthy? Who knows he might break down after his first 30+ min in a game... but for 10 minutes I saw him and he was far and away the best player on the court

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HC4GHt0HXwg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HC4GHt0HXwg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

2. DcProWLer277

DcProWLer277 Rookie

It's one game and he only played 7 mins. He's nowhere near the former player he was. Just accept it.

3. rockets_fanatic

If I can get over it, you can get over it. He will no longer be a Rocket. All we can hope is that Morey gets some value for him.

4. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Tracy McGrady is a has been, Accept it and move on from your life. That's all I'll say to you and the others who still want and are trying to keep Tmac.

5. rhester

10 pts. with ease in 7 mins and he looked better than every other Rocket on the court. Saw it myself.

Fluke you say??? We'll see. :)

6. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

As did I, but I still beg to differ on that opinion.

7. rhester

I didn't see any difference in the way he played that night and how he played 2-3 years ago.

I guess I could watch the video again. :)

8. rockets_fanatic

I've seen enough sport to realise not to count a person out. Tracy can still become a serviceable player for the rest of his career. However, everyone has agreed he is leaving so be done with it already. The decision has been made, accept it and move on.

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Annotated.

10. Kojirou

Kojirou Member

Are you serious? He's clearly lost a step from before, and is definitely not the McGrady of old.
    Honestly, get over it. He's gone and we'll get someone useful out of him, so quit whining for that has-been.

11. rhester

Let's face it, he played very well those 7 minutes and I doubt we are going to get value in return for that kind of scoring.

Not trying to blame just saying as a Rocket fan I think we lose on this deal.

He won't ever play here again I realize that, I'm just calling it what it is a lose- lose for the team.

We lose possibly a scorer we need if he is healthy enough to log minutes and we lose someone who can have the ball in the closing minutes of games cause he can definately still shoot and get his shot- it's on video.

Morey might pull a miracle and get the best of a trade, but I personally doubt it. I think we might buy him out.

12. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

or you could watch Landry's 38 min effort that night instead ;)

13. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

so he lost it when he only played 6 gaems for 8 minutes per? you don't give him a month to see if he regains a rhythm/consistency before judging him?

he might be done as a rocket, but he appears to have a lot of game left.

14. tested911

tested911 Member

1. Get his shot anytime he wants
    (Because he has a shooters mentality than a team one).
    2. He can flat fill it up.
    ( Yeah it's called jacking it up.. The man is a jump shooter and is not a slasher. He can go 2-11 and still try to shoot out of his slump. He is a VOLUME shooter)
    3. He can get to the rack anytime he wants
    ( That is total BS.. I screamed at actual games for Tracy to attack the RIM.. He doesn't have that 1st step anymore he is slower.. Remeber this is the guy who couldn't get past Derrick Old Man fisher in the playoffs when he was just iso'd by DF) Seriously you think he can attack the rim anytime?
    4. If he imposes his will he still can't be guarded 1 on 1
    ( :confused: Really this is a total lie )
    5. He is a very good passer and has a high BB IQ
    ( Yes he is a good passer only because he is 6-10 and when he jumps he can see everyone.. IQ wise? sometimes but when he thinks he needs to shoot out of his slump he's a damn idiot.)
    6. He is our best scorer
    ( Only because we put the burden on him. Isn't is strange that our other guys on the team points have gone up this season? We centered around him and Yao and now that both are out our team has actually gotten better (skill wise)..
    7. His defense sucks
    (Yes and no.. Overall is lateral movement sucks but hardly anybody can shoot over him (Only a few)..)

15. mario713

mario713 Rookie

i was myself hopin we can use tmac but o well the desicion is made lets hope for a great solid player. i cant wait to hear who we get. just get it over with already morey! lol

16. rhester

Everyone likes to remember the McGrady who played hurt last season.

The McGrady who couldn't carry the scrubs to the finals.

The McGrady who cries like a baby.

I understand his faults, I just don't think this is a happy ending to his time here.

I would like to see him play 25-30 minutes for about 10 games then see how it all looks but since that isn't going to happen then I think we are going to lose the opportunity to find out what level he can play at.

Because that night he WAS like the McGrady of old. (did anyone really objectively look at his play those 7 min?)

17. TheGreat

TheGreat Member

Rhester, I agree with you. I bet he has a ton of game left.

18. raj87

raj87 Member

Yes, absolutely Tracy McGrady's career will continue with another NBA team.

*raj looks into his crystal ball*

T-Mac will most likely ink an inexpensive short term contract with a contending team for the next season. Fully recovered from his microfracture procedure, he will be a major contributor to that team, and will likely enjoy postseason success.

19. Big MAK

Big MAK Member

I enjoy how people who want tracy around talk like he is going to be healthy... We havent seen a healthy tracy in years, why would he be any different now? When healthy, sure, he's one of the sickest players in the game. Watching him play at 100% is a gift. But, that will never be again. Maybe 100% for a month, but it wont last. Time to move on guys, whether you like him or not, he's as good as gone.

20. alex09xu

alex09xu Member

sure he might have some gas left in his tank but unfortunately that style of play is no longer suited for the new houston rockets, as adelman said. so the best thing to do is trade him or just buy him out.