1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the Rockets Should Trade T-Mac for K-Mart

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by REEKO_HTOWN, Dec 22, 2009.

1. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Bleacher Report

Interesting article. Lock if posted.

link

2. couple of d's

couple of d's Member

Oh thank god before I clicked the link to read the article I thought it meant Kenyon Martin. Im all for Kevin Martin.

3. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No, we need size and/or an established superstar/star in any deal using Tracy's contract.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Bit crazy as a trade really....

Why would the Rockets give up Scola in that deal?

The Kings would be effectively dumping the salaries of Martin and Nocioni - that alone is enough incentive to part with their best scorer. The question the Kings need to address is this: Is Kevin Martin a big part of what they want to do going forward? Or do they want to develop around Evans, Thompson, and Cassipi?

I think the Kings would be INSANE not to take on Scola in a deal, the Rockets insane to make the deal suggested.

5. GlenRice

GlenRice Member

No, this like trading mcgrady for mcgrady without the expiring contract.

6. b2bizchina

b2bizchina Member

Lock it,pls.

7. apxn82

apxn82 Member

I'm not a big Scola fan but NO THANKS! he been an intricate part of the rotation this year. why get rid of him just for Kevin Martin sake. He's good but not that good.

8. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Kenyon Martin will make the Rockets a little bit toucher, and a little bit douchier.

1 person likes this.
  9. redao

redao Member

like this idea. and I'd give them Cook for free.

10. idrockfan

idrockfan Contributing Member

I don't care if you just made it up...this is my new favorite word.

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

LMAO, I too thought it was Kenyon Martin. Not sure if I like this deal. A PF combo of Landry/Nocioni scares me, in a bad way.

12. IamKhan

IamKhan Rookie

Next year is the year for Les to pay some extra money to fight for the title. Give our guys what they deserve and keep the whole team, trade TMac/Cook for a decent wing and a 7 footer.

13. Hball

Hball Member

He would fit offensively, but defensively?

14. worzel gummidge

Articles from Bleacher Report are worse than the ones from "Rocket Guy".

Kings's payroll will be under the league minimum next season. They don't need to salary dump. Next season their other long term contracts Beno and Noci will have another year taken off their contracts.

Petrie's in the position to hold out for the best offers that are more likely to appear on draft night or free agency. When he couldn't get what he wanted for Artest at the trade deadline he waited for the following season. He would rather risk losing Artest if he had opted out than settle for less.

15. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

If we're willing to take a bad contract off their hands (Udrih or Nocioni) we won't need to give up Scola to get Kevin Martin. After all, one of the main incentives for Sacramento to move K-Mart in the first place is the perception that the Kings are better off with Evans at the two and that K-Mart is "overpaid". Using this rationale, we're taking two bad contracts and offering a team that's financially struggling a bit of a break with T-Mac's ginormous expiring contract.

16. worzel gummidge

If they're going to be at/under the league's minimum payroll they're going to be paying those salaries anyway. Trading them won't change that.

17. Landry92

Landry92 Member

I wouldnt touch him
    Injury prone !! Imagine the frequency of the injuries he'll get wearing a rox cheart .. too risky ..

18. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

tyreke evans is already a better player than kmart (budding superstar? he's simply a scorer on a very bad team--evans is a budding superstar as he's an all-around player). i'm not surprised the kings have no qualms about moving martin b/c evans is now their franchise player.

but it's a good trade for us. it gives us a legit scorer and AB would still be the ballhandler b/c martin is not a playmaker anyways.

i'd do this.

19. OldSchool34

OldSchool34 Member

Defensively he'd be exactly like Tmac, but with more hustle and he'd be more willing to crash the boards unlike Stacey.

20. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

They can, of course, take that room vacated by these guys and sign someone better.