1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why the Islamic Right should act like the Christian Right

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by sw4real, Feb 18, 2011.

1. sw4real

sw4real Contributing Member

Why the Islamic Right should act like the Christian Right
    By Jonathan Zimmerman Thu Feb 17, 1:31 pm ET

http://www.csmonitor.com/layout/set/print/content/view/print/364104

Excerpt:
    Devoid of hyperbole, this opinion piece makes an interesting case for integrating faith-based political groups into the political sphere by using our great nation as Exhibit A.

2. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

As long as there is sufficient independence between different branches of democratic government, and the government itself is secular, then I could care less what groups of people with similar ideas call themselves or want to run for.

Ultimately, the government's opinion of things should count for nothing and should be sourced from the people, and as long as religious groups are comfortable knowing that their opinions are worthless in the political world, then good luck to them.

That article gave me no reason to believe that Christianity enriched US politics. I think the phenomenon the article is referring to is more a case of secularity allowing politics and religion to flourish seperately.