1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Steve Kerr hates Rockets so much?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by michellexiao, Jan 23, 2006.

1. michellexiao

michellexiao Contributing Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_y...C8vLYF?slug=sk-kobe012306&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Sorry Chauncey Billups, Elton Brand, Steve Nash and Dirk Nowitzki – you're no longer in the hunt for the NBA's Most Valuable Player award. Kobe Bryant locked up the award Sunday night with his stunning 81-point barrage in the Los Angeles Lakers' come-from-behind victory over Toronto.

Think about that: 81 points! That's right, eighty-one. The second most points ever scored in a game in league history, behind only Wilt Chamberlain's record of 100. It was more than Michael Jordan ever scored and more than Oscar Robertson or Kareem Abdul-Jabaar ever had. It was as many or more than the Houston Rockets have scored 12 times this season.
    [...]

2. rikesh316

rikesh316 Member

It is a fact.

3. m_cable

m_cable Contributing Member

We have been a putrid team for much of the season. Makes us an easy target.

4. Texas Stoke

Texas Stoke Contributing Member

He will get his.

5. tigermission1

tigermission1 Contributing Member

I do notice that Kerr and few other national people (Barkley) tend to make the Rockets a target of theirs more so than any other team. This goes back to last season as well guys, so our dire circumstance this season is not the reason why.

6. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

i love me some rockets but what he said is funny and true.

7. RocksMillenium

RocksMillenium Contributing Member

Doesn't mean it isn't a potshot.

8. Driven

Driven Member

Kerr is the exact opposite of a Rockets hater...

9. Hakeem06

Hakeem06 Member

it's definitely a low blow that's very uneccessary, but hell it's true. if you don't want pot shots taken at you, don't suck, it's pretty simple.

and as far as what he was saying about kobe, people need to calm down! yes, he had a classic individual performance. and has scored a lot of points this season, but does that mean he's the MVP???? hell no.

somehow, the detroit pistons at 33-5 are going viturally unnoticed and chauncey billups being the catalyst for that team playing absoulutely unbelievable at the point, isn't more deserving than a guy turning the ball over a ton and a taking nearly 30 shots on nightly basis? give me a break. chauncey billups is averaging nearly 19 ppg, over 8.5 assists, and just 2 TO's in 36 min. a game. his assist/TO ratio is unbelievable 4 to 1. he's also shooting 42% from 3 pt. land. to me, he's the MVP, hands down. kobe and AI are having unbelievable seasons but this detroit team could very well sweep through the eastern conference playoffs and make quick work of whoever the west puts in there.

10. real_egal

real_egal Contributing Member

It hurts because it's true, or it's true because it hurts.

11. Skazo

Skazo Contributing Member

I don't really think that Kerr hates the Rockets, its just that with our current situation and the fact that only Portland scores less PPG makes us easy to bash.

12. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I'm always on the lookout for Rocket bashing but I don't think this is the case. I think he was just trying to put Kobe's night into perspective.

13. pradaxpimp

pradaxpimp Contributing Member

we kicked his ass twice year when he played.

14. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It's true and painful but it's a low blow as well.
    One day when we are stronger and healthy I would love to see us kick Steve Kerr's ass.

15. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

I know where he lives....who's with me!... :mad:

16. scutmb

scutmb Contributing Member

I know how he can live............... Becasue he got some rings, that's fact, but true fact is he only shot some open 3 points, that's about his whole NBA life.

17. blaqnitti

blaqnitti Member

Bears repeating

18. LFE171

LFE171 Member

He hates us cause he's a spur. And we all hate spurs fans. So who cares what that loser says. :D