1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why So much negativity?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Feb 10, 2019.

1. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Do I expect Iman Shumpert, who makes 10 times what James Ennis does, to make an immediate impact? Yes, yes I do.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Need our anchor back...So he can defend shots that create more fast break opportunities.

Also The rebounding.... i dont care about of clutchfans anymore. majority are people that understand very little.

3. major_major

major_major Member

This thread raises a good question, and I'm not sure what the answer is, other than: "if you had watched the game, you wouldn't be asking 'why so much negativity'." There was just something about that single game that has rendered, for many fans, the remainder of the season to be unwatchable. I'm just personally tired of watching a team full of p*****s.

#43 major_major, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
    hakeem94 likes this.
  4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Yeah, it is the totality of it all.

For me, it is not just one game. It is ORL, DAL, BKN, NOP, OKC......all of those games. 5 games. They are 4 games back of OKC for the 3rd seed. So you don't blow those games and you are right there.

Having the 3rd seed and being on the opposite side of the GSW bracket is HUGE to me. Better chance to get to the WCF and then let it fly.

So I am just looking down the road and the implications of these losses. And it is frustrating.

5. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

My dream is GSW in the 1st Round, early, like a sucker punch...and before they can go to school on how others are defending Harden.

If not 1st, then 2nd Round. We need to catch them early while Paul is still able to “let it fly.”

So, I’m good with 4, 5, or 8th seed. I’m also good with 2 and 3. Just no injuries, please.

#45 heypartner, Feb 10, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  6. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

My friend. It's not about being panicky. A team deserves criticism for blowing out a 26-point lead at home. It is from criticism that a team can hopefully grow and learn from it.

This site was named (counter) after a terrible loss to the Suns in the playoffs when they blew a similar margin just to lose a pivotal game. You should have seen the newspapers front page at that time: Choke City!
    Yet, that team learned from it and the rest is history.

hakeem94 and deb4rockets like this.
  7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I understand that thinking.

But in the same token, having GSW run through multiple rounds also can put wear and tear on them. And probably you need them to have their own issues to bring them down to the Rockets level. Maybe Curry slips on a wet spot, maybe Iggy bangs knees etc.

Side note: Crucify me if you want.....but I hate the thought of losing in the 1st round versus losing in the WCF.

hakeem94 likes this.
  8. heypartner

More rounds favors the deeper team. And equal injuries favors deeper team. And no one is deeper that GSW. And no one is more renowned for playoff injuries than Chris Paul.

So, I’m good with 4, 5, or 8th seed. But, I’m also good with 2 and 3. Just no injuries, please.

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I don't think Morey and MDA look at it like that. But ok.

hakeem94 likes this.
  10. heypartner

Not asking them too. I’m just asking them to not place seeding as some major concern like we did last year, when we went for HCA full bore, and rightfully so.

This year, seeding means jack. I have same feeling as 1995.

hakeem94 likes this.
  11. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Just gonna copy and paste my reply on the game thread, since it seems to fit well with the topic:

After almost losing my mind, I can finally sit down and discuss this.

This pattern of blowing big leads is not something new. Anyone who's been following the Rockets the past few seasons should never feel safe with a big lead. Last year was an exception, they were on a roll and never looked back... they had so much confidence and poise that they couldn't lose even if they tried.

Some of it is on Harden. He is the best player in the world, in my VERY humble opinion, but even the best have their flaws. As the leader of this team, he should set the tone defensively, which is something he fails to do more often than not (especially after we get a good lead). His late game shenanigans and unwillingness to move off the ball when CP3 has it are also factors. Hell, if he got these things right he would probably be close to MJ level. Obviously he's not the main reason we lost. If we had Capela, for example, I bet this is a W and we are one step closer to the 3rd seed. Also, PJ Tucker with 0 points is unacceptable. Shumpert looked a little bit lost, which is obviously understandable since this is his first game with us. Faried missed some bunnies and played horrible defense. I know he is a bad defender, but this was one of his worst games on that end.

This loss hurts more than the others since we are probably guaranteed facing the Warriors in the second round... no way we get the 3rd seed anymore. It's tempting to give up on the season, but I know myself and I'll be there until it ends. There's still some hope, we need to stay healthy and let this team gel (also, the additions of Markieff Morris and Danuel House should help to some extent).

Please, don't give up on this team yet. They need our support.

Cheers!

12. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Looking at the standings I still could see them getting 2nd or 3rd seed. OKC and Denver will lose enough games... just a matter of Rockets winning a lot.

IvanLCPM likes this.
  13. IvanLCPM

IvanLCPM Member

Let's hope you're right... I don't see it happening.

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I understand not seeing it happen. We have a tough schedule down the stretch. I believe in the talent on this team thinking we get Morris and House back. No matter where we are seeded I know we can beat anyone. Rockets just gotta lock in.

15. Gray_Jay

Gray_Jay Member

They'll be playing 8 on 5. I want no part in the first round, any team the NBA and ESPN have spent most of the season talking about to their audience. Which means the Warriors, and probably the Lakers too.

Your point about getting an opponent early, while Paul can let it fly, is a good one. The Rockets are old (Paul, Tucker, Nene) and fragile (Paul, Gordon). To maximize their chances of winning a championship, they need to be in good health at the end, which means they should minimize the number of playoff games they play. Which means improving their seeding so they have the best possible chance of playing in the first round, what passes for a scrub in the West. So games like this, against a team they're fighting to get good playoff seeding, are the furthest thing from "unimportant."

Course, if Harden's shoulder's wrecked, they're screwed no matter what they do.

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Ha ha. What a load of crap.
    So, um, you're going to stop watching?
    What a load of crap.

17. Blurr#7

Blurr#7 Contributing Member

Most people never played competitively so understanding game flow and momentum is foreign to them. There were multiple reasons we lost that lead and one that no one ever brings up is the other teams adjustments.

18. ksny15

ksny15 Member

Because every game counts. They don't have the luxury of blowing games like this. Do they really want to **** around and have to play GSW round 1 or not even make the playoffs?

19. Slam Dunk

Slam Dunk Contributing Member

Isn't this what happens every time we lose a game?

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

Thank you. This made me feel better.