1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Rockets fans should hope the Heat don't repeat (Bosh2Houston)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Zergling, May 7, 2013.

1. Zergling

Zergling Member

If Miami somehow doesn't win it all this year, it would be viewed as a spectacular failure. Expect them to make big changes in the off-season, and of the Big 3, it's easy to assume that Chris Bosh would be the first to go.

That's where Morey swoops in. Omer Asik is exactly the type of player Miami needs. If they lose to the Bulls, Joakim Noah dominating the glass will have a lot to do with it. Right now the best the Heat have to counter Noah is Joel Anthony (DNP-CD in Game 1) and Birdman.

The Heat and Rockets can swap Bosh for Asik + some of our young PFs like Robinson/Jones + trade exception to match salaries.

Heck, even if Miami does win it all this year, they should still consider the trade. Asik on the Heat next year still makes them title contenders even without Bosh because you're taking a nasty defense and making them nastier with an elite rebounder and big man defender.

As for the Rockets, this would only be the first step. Step 2 is going all in for Dwight Howard. If you're Dwight, how would you not want be a part of a young and upcoming team that just paired up James Harden with Chris Bosh? While I'm a fan of signing Howard and trying out the twin tower thing with him and Asik, it's undeniable that Howard/Bosh are infinitely more compatible since Bosh has a mid-range game and is more offensively efficient.

The Howard/Bosh combo would easily be the best front court in the league and the Rockets would already become instant title contenders.

2. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Even if they don't win, i see no chance of them breaking it up. 3 good friends, 3 allstars, in miami, already won a title, huge winning streak this season, great fan base...plus the big 3 in miami is almost iconic world wide...even if it would help there team to trade bosh for asik i don't see them doing it.

3. apollo33

apollo33 Member

"great fan base"

u must be mistaken

4. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I'd be down for that

5. BigBird

BigBird Contributing Member

6. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Even if they lost I wouldn't break them up.

7. Fair Dinkum

Fair Dinkum Member

Seems good. Only on the condition we get Howard first, otherwise I would keep Asik because Asik > Bosh.

8. Petey-N-Htown

Petey-N-Htown Member

I like Boshas a player, but I actually like Asik more.

9. Blaster_333

Blaster_333 Member

Heck I hope the Bulls pull the upset, will show the world that you dont always need big name superstars to win. Good coaching, discipline and player developement can get you pretty damn far. Not good for the popularity of the NBA, but good for the game of basketball.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Heat won't trade Bosh. Even if they get swept by the Bulls.

11. meh

meh Contributing Member

If the Heat doesn't win and the Rockets offered Asik+Parsons+PF of their choice+pick(s), I think Miami entertains that offer. Asik does give Miami the ability to play a much more effective version of Rockets offense with 4 floor spreaders and one defensive paint presence. But I think the odd is still against it.

Also, if the Rockets sign Howard, then I see no way Miami does this due to how powerful it would make the Rockets. Howard/Bosh/Harden would not be less potent than Miami, especially if Wade continues to dip.

12. Zergling

Zergling Member

If the Heat lose to the Bulls or in the ECF, they won't care about making a team in the other conference powerful if means they can at least reach the Finals the next year and then hope for the best.

That's what makes the OKC trade so dumb and short sighted. Not only did the Rockets get a young star in Harden, but Harden being in Houston could attract other stars like Howard/CP3, which would drastically reduce OKC's window of contending to winning the West every year.

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

At this point in LeBron's career, every year where his team fails to win the championship is a huge disappointment. Not reaching the Finals would be a catastrophic failure. No way would Pat Riley accept the status quo and bring back the Big 3 if it's no longer working.

14. Zergling

Zergling Member

That's the only concern I have about this. If this situation unfolds and Morey can get Bosh for Asik, he better make sure Dwight is in. Because if we start next year with no Howard or Asik, then our defense will be absolutely horrendous. The offensive production you'd get from Harden/Bosh would barely make up for our interior defensive weakness if at all.

15. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

Sooooo... Why wouldn't the Heat trade him to the Lakers in a S&T for Howard?

Thought about that?

16. Reach

Reach Member

Asik's spectacular defense > Bosh's soft midrange game

17. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

They're only down 0-1

18. MONON

MONON Member

Now that's an interesting thought. Somehow I've gotten the notion that Howard doesn't want to go back to Florida or Georgia. Just MHO.

19. hikanoo49

hikanoo49 Member

thats silly

then we wouldnt be part of it :(

20. mike_lu

mike_lu Member

If I recall properly ... cannot sign and trade to teams already above the cap.

Hence rules out Heat and Nets, for example.