1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why NOT Kaepernick??

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by ballgame, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He was injured last year. He didn't become very bad. He isn't great. I would say he is middle of the road. If you have good pieces around him you could probably win. Tom Savage wasn't even good in college. I don't know what people see in him.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL it's so sad that this thread is still going. It's crazy what people can convince themselves of.

3. ballgame

ballgame Member

I agree! Look how you've convinced yourself that Romo, Cutler, Savage, etc are better options.
    If Romo was younger and healthy, I'd agree. Cutler is a head case, he's never been a winner and Savage, well, his history speaks for itself.

alleyoop likes this.
  4. ballgame

ballgame Member

Totally Agree

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, whatever you say guy. I guess I shouldn't be surprised when it comes to the hot takes on this board, but I really wish we were above this Kaepernick BS. Oh well, I imagine it'll go the way of the VY BS, the Manziel BS, and the Tebow BS from past seasons....it's just going to be really embarrassing and really annoying till then.

6. ballgame

ballgame Member

None of the QBs you mentioned has done what Kaepernick has done, neither has Romo or Cutler

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's funny that you think Kaepernick has done good things as a QB. Anyway, I'm going to let this ridiculous thread die out by no longer discussing the matter. Feel free to keep pimping out the new VY if you like.

8. ballgame

ballgame Member

If the Texans had gone to a Super Bowl and a Conf Championship Game, I think most Texans fans will think that's pretty GOOD!

We can't get pass the 2nd round but neither has any of the QBs YOU mentioned

Rocket River likes this.
  9. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Couple years ago we couldn't get passed the 1st round... couple years before that we couldn't make it to the playoffs.. We are trending up, Kap is trending down. Even in college he ended senior year with 21 TDs and 20 rushing TDs, you have yet to respond to multiple claims that this is NOT BOB's SYSTEM TYPE QB... He's not a pocket passer, I don't care how good you think he is.

10. Nero

Nero Member

Wow, just randomly decided to look through this thread.

'Ballgame'.. sorry dude, you are just not very good at this football thing. You clearly haven't actually watched the players you are talking about. CK has zero ability to read the field, he has zero ability to make anticipatory throws, and he has very poor accuracy. He is simply not a very good quarterback, and that was when his team was WINNING. His best years are far behind him.

Having said that, if you handed me CK and Brock, I would probably take CK, because at least he's got some wheels. However, in neither case, if you are using either one of them as your starting QB, you are basically running up a white flag on the season before it even begins.

Thankfully we managed to dump Brock, but the idea of adding a guy who, while he might technically be slightly better than Brock, gives you no appreciable increase in the potential to win a championship is absurd.

And in your very first post, you demonstrated that you didn't even know facts surrounding Romo's injury in the pre-season last year.

You're just... not good at the whole football-talking-about thing.

Let me put it this way for you: if and when the Texans manage to sign Romo, this team instantly becomes at least a 10-win team, and probably higher than that if they can manage to control the risk factors involved with relying on a guy who seems relatively easy to injure. And you at the very least can have realistic discussions about the Texans possibly being Super Bowl contenders.

If the Texans went into the season instead with CK, then your absolute ceiling is yet another 9-7 wasted season with another blowout loss in the playoffs.

Yaosthirdleg and Pen15clubber like this.
  11. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He was benched in favor of Blaine Gabbert.

13. ballgame

ballgame Member

Just to summarize, I know enough football to know that Romo will not last 10 games for us to have a 10 win season. He's been consistently hurt the past 3yrs, what makes you think he's going to stay healthy, now that he's older??

To me, O'Brien's system is not a good system. PERIOD. Each yr, the Texans Offense stats has gone down, since he's been here and out of all the QB's that have run the system, NAME ME ONE OTHER QB THAT HAS HAD SUCCESS OUT SIDE OF TOM BRADY?? If anything the system's success is derived from Bill Belichick. Belichick is the key! To me a GOOD Coach can change his system to fit his players, not the other way around.

EXAMPLE, LOOK AT WHAT BELICHICK DID TO THE TEXANS WITH JACOBY BRISSETT! JACOBY BRISSETT!!!

Just imagine what Belichick would do with Kaepernick, if he can make Brissett look good against the #1 Defense in the league.

14. ballgame

ballgame Member

They don't want to see proof!

15. ballgame

ballgame Member

Go back and look at the REAL STORY! It was about $$, after he revised his contract, Kaepernick was on the field.

16. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

Couple of things: When I said Kap was benched for Gabbert you said they didn't want to pay him if he got hurt... So should we be scared he will get hurt? Is he fragile too? Whether or not you like the system, it is our system, not gonna change just so you can try a different QB. Other than Brock, every QB in BOB's era has had one of their best seasons. And finally, what are you saying about Brissett? He is also a less mobile, pocket QB like Brady. I don't need to imagine what Belichick could do with Kap because he WOULD NEVER USE KAP.

You seem to be in the "name me one" game... Name one running style QB that hasn't completely regressed since teams figured out you can just contain and hit them..

17. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I really don't care. This team will sign a retread and the argument will continue forever.

18. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Bobbythegreat and Yaosthirdleg like this.
  19. ballgame

ballgame Member

Russell Wilson. Also, I'll give you another Steve Young. Steve Young was a left handed, running QB who got better over time and eventually won a Super Bowl. He backed up Montana, who was a pocket passer, and they couldn't have been more different but their coach made it work. See, I can give you NAMES!!!

YOU STILL HAVEN'T GIVEN ME A BETTER OPTION CK

20. ballgame

ballgame Member

Go back and see what happen the past 3yrs in San Fran! The team had injuries, he got hurt and they lost surrounding talent, so it's easy for his numbers to go down. I think that's more of an explanation, than he simply lost his skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.