1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why LeBron ranks higher than Tim Duncan among greatest players of all time?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by BigBum, Jul 22, 2019.

1. BigBum

BigBum Member

#1 BigBum, Jul 22, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2019
  2. Juxtaposed Jolt

> "Every reporter"
    > Cites 1 singular article
    > Article is an opinion piece
    > Opinion piece is from 2013; 6 years ago.

Come on, OP. You're better than th-

Oh. It's a BigBum thread. Never mind. Carry on.

3. TilmanFinancialWindfall

He be trolling. Linked an article from six years ago .

plutoblue11 likes this.
  4. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I'll play along, I guess, even though this is a silly thread. I'm a little bored, this Monday evening.

This isn't discredit TD and his accomplishments, because he's certifiably top 10 and possibly one of the most well-rounded players ever. But, I'm answering the question, directly.

1. The difference of being drafted to a good organization vs an awful one. The Spurs are the pinnacle of NBA consistency, while the Cavs are the modern day version of the Washington Generals. The last winning season the Cavs had without LBJ was 97-98. The Spurs have only missed the playoffs, twice since 88-89.

2. PER, in this regard, LeBron is higher in almost every regard with respect to regular season, playoffs, and NBA Finals. Even, if we limit TD's career to the age 35.

3. Duncan has played with nearly 3 HOF players in their prime (Admiral, Ginobili, and Parker), an all time great defender (Bowen), and an emerging superstar (Kawhi) with a HOF coach. The first time, LeBron played with a HOF in their prime was in Miami.

4. LeBron is annually in the NBA's top 10 in scoring and assist, while never averaging below 25 ppg. The last time he averaged less than 25 ppg, was his rookie season where he averaged 20.1 ppg as an 18 year old, straight of high school. The hype was/is warranted. Also, their FG% are identical with LBJ, being a superior 3 FG %.

4B. TD, wins easily in the defense, over career, but consider LeBron was also pretty good defender in some of his prime years. Adds to his advantage.

5. LeBron has more game-winning shots than Duncan, regular season and playoffs. While, having better numbers in the 4th quarter.

6. LeBron has less 1st Round exits, while he has never lost to an #8 seeded team. Before, someone says it's, because he plays in the West. True, but in actually the first round opponents are nearly comparable in strength.

7. "LeBron is unclutch and can't beat stronger teams, like the Warriors or Spurs in the playoffs." Most teams lose to better than them in most sports. 65 win team is supposed to be 50 win team, even with a superstar. For Duncan, can we bring up how the Lakers used to crush the Spurs. Also, how many times SA lost to teams with inferior records in the playoffs?

8. Most of the other great centers and power forwards have equal numbers to or are slightly better or worse than LBJ. Kareem, Wilt, Shaq, Petit, Olajuwon, both Malones, KG, and Barkley.

roslolian likes this.
  5. Bruce Bowen

Bruce Bowen Member

Question is... if you could have one of these two in their primes... who would you take? I'm biased... I'd take Tim Duncan

6. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Why is LeBron considered better???

Because he’s better at virtually every aspect of the game....

7. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

But it's Bleacher Report! That's gotta mean soemthing!!

8. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

He dominates in the counting and advanced stats. Duncan is better at defense and has a couple more rings.

plutoblue11 likes this.
  9. varughese.arun

WHO GIVES A F...
    The real question is: WHY DOES EVERY REPORTER RANK DUNCAN > OLAJUWAON ????? WTF?????

HELL NO!!!

BIRD > LeFraud

Jontro likes this.
  10. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

Lebron is the better player. I don’t see why championships are relevant to that, especially since both have multiple.

plutoblue11 and Space Ghost like this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

If I am going to build a team to last for 2-3 seasons, Im going with LerBron.

If I want a franchise player, Im going with the Little Mermaid.

One is a b**** and one is a leader.

Jontro likes this.
  12. War Machine

War Machine Member

Because Lebron’s the better player...

plutoblue11 likes this.