1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why isnt James Harden more popular with fans? The Jump

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stepback3GOOD, Feb 13, 2019.

1. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

funny how the media thinks harden is a statpadder. Its disrespectful to try and lower harden's profile by grouping him with the Westbrook/Jokic tier. This year is peak Harden and he has become the best player in the league. Why is it so hard for the media to admit that, LeBron is old now.. stop talking about him

adw, clutchdabear, Sajan and 12 others like this.
  2. seeingred

seeingred Member

Ugh. Lemme guess:

Defense.
    Free Throws.

FartWaffles and napalm06 like this.
  3. Stepback3GOOD

Stepback3GOOD Member

btw quick question for clutchfans?

we all know Lebron didnt win anything until he teamed up with wade and bosh in south beach. and then in his second stint with the cavs it was with kyrie and kevin love

My question too the majority of clutchfans is, how many rings do you think Harden would have won given the teams LeBron had in the east. As of 2/13 Lebron is out of the playoff picture in the west, and is crying for Anthony Davis to join him. The lakers roster isnt that bad. Mcgee is a poor mans capela, and they have decent wings. Harden would def have that team in the playoffs right now

vlaurelio, D-rock, Houstunna and 5 others like this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Please don't try and compare Harden to Lebron. Just don't. Avoid this mistake.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

leroids just lost to the hawks so the new narrative has to be harden's not on pg13 level

6. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

It's disrespectful to put Joker on Westbrook's tier too. He's the best player on a top two team in the Western Conference and he's YOUNG. He could be a future MVP too and it's not unrealistic to think he could lead his team to championships in 5 years once guys like Lebron, Harden, Curry and Durant are all fading or retired.

Aj-June likes this.
  7. smokieethabear

He isn't more popular with fans because they don't like him..

=)

8. s3ts

s3ts Member

you heard em, Mr. Harden.

go out there and get 82 and shut them the f up.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Who cares, and he is a stat padder, clearly he wanted to get 30 points the other night and took some late 3s to get there....but who cares? The league is about entertainment and whatever makes the entertainers happy or motivated.....

DD

Y2JT, SWTsig and TimV like this.
  10. Juxtaposed Jolt

There was nothing in OP's video decrying how Harden is statpadding, so I dunno why the OP is saying that the media is saying Harden is statpadding.

Harden's game is simply not flashing. He's not "1000% motor for all 48" like Westbrook is, and he doesn't have the dunks that LeBron does or the ability to snipe like Curry does. His game is a "lull you to sleep, then score on you" type game, and I can see why that's boring to the casual fan.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

You can't say someone is padding stats until they become un-efficient compared to the rest of the team. 37% from 3? Shoot away.

DatRocketFan, D-rock, Y2JT and 2 others like this.
  12. rocks123

rocks123 Member

he needs a ring or two to be popular with fans. casual and bandwagons fans love CHAMPIONS. that is all. and if its any consolation aside from lebron and curry harden is probably the most trolled nba player. so yeah thats popularity in a way.

ramotadab likes this.
  13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Why not? The points he brought up were valid. If Harden had been on the South Beach teams with Wade and Bosh and the Cleveland teams with Love and Irving, how many championships would he have? If he was on the Lakers now, would they be in the playoffs? That's a legitimate question to ask.

Since LeBron came into the league, it was almost just assumed he would be the best player of this generation, he was already declared the "chosen one". He only ever won with two other All Star players on his team. His streak of making it to consecutive Finals is good, it isn't as impressive (funny enough, the East seems to be the best this year it has been in a long time?). He has had more say and control over the organization's he has been on than anyone else, has gotten the teams to bend over backwards to bring on players he might want to convince him to stay, and left the team in shambles whenever he left.

I'm not saying he isn't a great player. Not even trying to take away from what he has accomplished. But there are legitimate weaknesses against him and I personally think it's lazy that the majority of the media just says he is the greatest without even much of a discussion.

vlaurelio, jcf and bballjunkie like this.
  14. Pistol Pete

Pistol Pete Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You can if you're DD. ;)

adw, D-rock, Richie_Rich and 3 others like this.
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Guys are not defending him as hard?
    Refs change the rules for the playoffs. . . .

Never seen someone hate on a player they claim to love so much

Rocket River

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Stop. You aren’t going to convince me or any other logical basketball fan that Harden is a good a talent or better than Lebron James.

Nelly likes this.
  17. SemisolidSnake

I don't think a lot of fans outside of Houston actually know much about Harden. Kind of like how most people outside of the country only think of cowboy hats and twangs when they think of Texas. I imagine the average basketball fan that watches a sports network knows two things about Harden: he has this big beard and <insert flavor of the month negative analysis of Harden's play>.

SORF and bballjunkie like this.
  18. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Let me get this straight. Media creates false narratives that **** hard on Harden and feeds it to NBA fans for years and now same media is asking why isn't James Harden more popular with fans?

F^%#$%^%$#@$%^&#$%^! YOU!!!

19. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cuz he’s from Compton and a Ninja With Attitude...Far too black.

And all those strippers and big oh t*tties he is squeezing on after every game. Hard year for hatersssssss.

seclusion likes this.
  20. treyk3

treyk3 Member

he's not more popular because the media slams him consistently. If I had to guess, less than 5% of his outspoken critics have watched him play more than 5 games this season. They are behaving how they are told to behave.