1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Live Rockets Discussion
    Jalen Green looks like a legit star, Amen Thompson is shining and the Rockets have found something without Alperen Sengun. Clutch is talking about the 10-game winning streak at 11:00am as we talk Rockets live!

Talking Rockets - LIVE!

Why is Lin getting so much hate?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by roflmcwaffles, Nov 24, 2012.

?

Why so much Lin hate (options described below)?

1. Expectations

125 vote(s)
    34.2%
  2. Contract Cost

44 vote(s)
    12.0%
  3. Releasing other 2 PGs (Lowry/Dragic)

76 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. LOFs

67 vote(s)
    18.3%
  5. Other

54 vote(s)
    14.8%
  1. iconoclastism

iconoclastism Member

Because people hate Jesus. :grin:

2. ERC

ERC Member

I'd say all of the above, but mostly "other" - i.e. media hype. All the media hype surrounding Lin misleads people into thinking Lin is a total bust if he doesn't produce Linsanity-level numbers (where in reality he is probably somewhere in the middle).

3. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Because he sucks, is making a fortune, and we passed up better options in the offseason.

1 person likes this.
  4. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

This thread is a microcosm of the problem. It's the LOFs. For whatever reason they see things completely differently than others. The way they see it things is...stupid.

Racism:rolleyes:

5. Matthieu

Matthieu Member

winner :grin:

6. Snoopy51

Snoopy51 Member

All of the above with racism a strong part of it!

As slickster put it:

7. seahawk

seahawk Member

This thread is a bait to let all the LOHs come out.

8. Gil

Gil Member

1. Closet racism despite the protests
    2. He's been a non factor so far.
    3. The Dragic/Lowry ****munchers, just as bad as the LOF's. I mean they're gone, move on already.
    4. His fans/media hype
    5. Plain and simple, there are some awful "fans" on here.

9. rokit

rokit Member

'cause my life sucks

10. VanityHalfBlack

Compared to youtube/facebook/twitter, the hate is nothing... CF is quite tamed when it comes to Lin criticisms....

11. Jedster

Jedster Member

Well there are some who are unforgiving fans who insist that Lin sucks for missing one 3 point airball (admittedly a crucial one), and there are those who just hate him for who he is.

For the 2nd group, it's really simple. It's kinda like in High School when the popular kids marginalize and exclude everyone else. Lin is an outsider in many ways, and even though the popular people smile and welcome him, inside they are seething that he made it into the club. Thus, they want to tear him down at every opportunity.

The Lin fans (as I am)...just like how the guy gives them hope that they too can rise above the crap in their own lives and become something better. Thus they root for him.

12. Jedster

Jedster Member

I don't know...mob mentality?

13. Karolik

Karolik Member

If not for Linsanity he wouldn't have the contract.

14. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I stand by my opinion that its Lin's fans' different way of thinking. And the racism thing still makes my scratch my head. Have we gotten anyone with a join date before 2012 claiming racism?

15. nickb492

nickb492 Contributing Member

Racism......??? Houston loves Yao Ming...only after he started playing like an Allstar. The same goes for Lin. He starts playing like an Allstar the backlash will stop.

16. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

All you people with the racism response are stupid. Houston is probably the most racially diverse city in the country. Nobody hates Lin. (Well maybe a few do). People don't want him here because he's not that good and we gave up to good ones to settle with him. We aren't dumb. He was only brought here as a publicity stunt. He's not that good. He's a backup and he's being started to keep the Asian sponsorship the Rockets have.

17. youngshev03

youngshev03 Member

I am starting to notice that everyone claiming racism and all the other dumb comments are coming from people who joined in 2012, after Lin was signed. Coincidence? Nah!

18. kaitanuva

kaitanuva Member

I like Lin and all but this board needs to chill the f out with the Lin threads.

19. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I don't hate lin. I do hate the fact that people are making excuses for why he can't shoot. Either you can shoot or you can't. I hated Rafer because he couldn't shoot. I didn't like Lowrey until he could. Lin needs to learn how to shoot or at least create contact and draw some fouls.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

People are reading too much into these Lin's criticisms. When you shoot sub 35%, you don't deserve anything but criticism. We criticize players who shoot 40-41%. And I'm Asian. People are reaching for straws if they go beyond simply basketball.