1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live, including SGA and the Thunder taking on the New Orleans Pelicans

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Harden not getting MVP love?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Air Langhi, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

2. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

He gets love from the media now. That's all that matters, that's how narratives change and gives him a shot.

3. ForTheWinYes

ForTheWinYes Member

Grantland has Harden as MVP and they're one of the main drivers of discussion. If the Rockets somehow remain in the third seed and the Ws don't go on another amazing run, Harden has a great shot.

4. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Pretty much everyone says its between Harden and Curry. So I wouldn't say he's not getting any MVP love. Many people don't like Harden because of the style of ball that he plays

Curry has been the best player on the best team all year, so I'm not surprised he's winning some internet poll.

5. jdjd

jdjd Member

I think Clay Thompson is the best player on their team in certain games. We definitely don't have a 50 point scorer on our team as does Curry. The best player on the best team is just the media's way of justifying not giving it to the most deserved clearly Harden. If Harden played for ANY other team besides Houston it wouldn't even be close.

6. clos4life

clos4life Member

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC1srGqOrK4

1 person likes this.
  7. joeson332

joeson332 Member

No disrespect dude but a Sports Nation poll is pretty worthless, like worthless. Sports Nation is just as terrible as First Take.

8. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

9. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

Because Houston.

10. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I was going to be like "meh", but that is actually kind of an alarming margin.

Oh well, it's not news that the Rockets are America's new #1 heel. I haven't seen many rational fan takes about them since Howard came.

11. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

BECUZ SPLASHHHH BROS AND THREEEEEEZ

12. finsraider

finsraider Member

Did you watch the All-Star game? Literally every other commercial had Curry in it. Media has been pushing him hard, but the people "in the know" seem to realize that Harden is the MVP. Hopefully that holds up and we can swing the public perception.

13. bmd

bmd Member

Ever since the game against Phoenix on ESPN, Harden seems like he's finally getting MVP love from the national media.

Fans will still hate because they just don't like Harden's game and think he's a flopper who cheats the system to shoot a bunch of free throws.

14. bmd

bmd Member

The media as a whole wants Curry to win over Harden. It's their preference.

But Harden has played so well recently that they couldn't ignore it anymore. They would look very bad if they continued to ignore him. He played so well that they were essentially forced to say he's probably the MVP right now.

Any little thing Curry does and they are quick to declare him the MVP. Harden has to move mountains before the media finally gives him his due.

15. droopy421

droopy421 Member

Curry has Thompson. Harden pretty much has to do everything offensively.

16. GranvilleWaders

Corey brewer is a 50 point scorer..did it against the rockets!

17. finsraider

finsraider Member

I'm actually half convinced that the FO believes Harden getting the MVP is not a bad consolation prize to actually competing, and factored that in when deciding not to make a bigger move.

Winning the MVP just puts you on a different platform. Rose won it, disappeared for a few seasons, and then returned to glorious fanfare....that wouldn't have happened if he hadn't won the MVP.

Harden getting the MVP will raise the perception of Houston among free agents, which is already pretty high.

18. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Most people I hear give Harden the vote. Houston's record needs to remain
    top 4 in the conference.. and it wouldn't hurt if Golden State fell back slightly.

19. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

This.

Outside of Houston everyone hates the Rockets and Harden

20. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

And I love it