1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why doesn't Morey sign two way deals?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sooty, Jun 24, 2017.

1. Mr Chuck Norris

Bobby Brown is the plug

2. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Bima coming in clutch. (No wordplay intended)... so Bima do you have sense of who the Rockets might spend the two spots on?

3. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

I have a theory that they agreed in principle to a Two-Way Contract with Troy Williams LAST SEASON. Not sure who the other one would be. LJ Peak, perhaps?

4. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

I'm confused by the hole 2 Way Contracts, does that give the Rocketrs(and every NBA team) 2 extra players on the roster? I know the max is 15, so do these 2 way deals count against the 15 or are they extra?

5. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

They are extra and do NOT count against the cap. They allow a team to have a 16th and 17th player on the roster, but those players cannot be on the NBA roster for more than 45 days during the season (with some exceptions) and are ineligible for the NBA playoffs unless converted to a standard NBA contract (in which case they'd count towards the 15-man roster, meaning someone else might need to be cut to make room).

6. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

Thanks a ton Bima, had no idea, appreciate the clarification. I'm not nearly as familiar with the NBA CBA and Salary Cap like I am with the NFL's CBA and Salary Cap.

-Jason

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I'll be damned.

8. onreego

onreego Member

He's currently working his magic on a 4 way so I think the 2 ways have to wait.

9. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Now we can all rest easy.

No Worries likes this.
  10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

murray is a horrible gm

justtxyank likes this.
  11. Dacamel

Dacamel Member

Might be the worst thread in the last few hours.