1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does Water and Chocolate go together?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by what, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Asian Sensation

I stay thirstayyy

2. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Just skip the water and brush your teeth with the orange juice.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I'll take this one.

I drank soda and diet soda (after switching to eliminate sugar soda 10 - 15 years ago) for most of my life and did not die. I'm not even sure what side effects it had on me. It didn't even wear my tooth enamel down as my dentist always said I have strong enamel. I rarely drank just straight water. That said...I have completely given up soda since last year and I don't crave it at all any more. I mostly drink just plain water now (sometimes, add lemon). Occasionally, I will drink unsweetened tea and, rarely, some juice or Gatorade mixed with water to dilute it (with workouts). I don't have any plans to ever go back to soda because I know when you drink it...it causes you to crave it more and turns into a vicious cycle. I honestly don't know if I feel different or not being off of it. It's hard to understand what is going on internally in the body. I assume I am overall healthier without soda now. Some people say that diet soda wrecks diets/workouts making it harder to lose weight and causes diabetes. I honestly can't say that is true because I've lost weight at times while drinking diet soda and eating better/working out. The idea that soda may increase chances for a stroke or dementia was not something I really wanted to take a chance on...so I gave it up. Sugar soda is way more obvious on effects because of the amount of sugar involved. They say sweet substitutes may cause insulin reaction and increase chances of diabetes anyway. But, that could just be that people who drink soda may eat unhealthier diets overall...which I believe to be true. Obviously, one can surmise that drinking water versus drinking a bunch of crazy chemicals that make up formulas of soda is a no-brainer as far as what it may do inside your body. But, I think the overall effect on health is still a mystery and maybe those impacts aren't felt until later in life during old age? But, even then, who can say what is causing stuff that happens when you get old and you start experiencing health problems? But, I do agree that...if you take care of yourself and your diet...you should live a longer and healthier life albeit it is not a guarantee in and of itself because anything can and does happen.

I will now step off my sodabox.

4. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

That's what the cool kids do these days.

5. SuraGotMadHops

If you like water and chocolate then just drink this

[​IMG]

6. theimpossibles1

Sheep

7. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Fun fact - If you melt chocolate on a stove and then add water slowly, the chocolate will "seize up" and change from viscous melty chocolate goo to a solid.

8. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Hey man, cant fight whats right in the world.

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Blaaaaaaa. I cringe when people actually mix coco powder with water. Use milk you cheapskates!

Nook likes this.
  10. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

I was recently wondering the same thing about the relationship between water and soap. Some things just go together I guess.

11. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

Finally someone makes sense.

Coffee and chocolate is the perfect combo. Your brain is actually wired to think so.

All these other responses. Grown men still drinking milk like babies.

12. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

ferrari77 likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Just another "what" thread....

Nook likes this.
  14. Buck Turgidson

You ever read "Clockers"? Yoohoo figures into the story.

15. conquistador#11

I too thought I was the only one. I'll drink 2 bottles of water with one of those mini snickers.
    [​IMG]

16. what

what Member

That's what I had last night. That's what started this thread. Snickers and water.