1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does Harden insist on playing hero ball?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shortfuse3, Apr 26, 2014.

1. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

That **** almost cost the game when he went hero ball in the 4th.

Doesn't he realize he has 4 other teammates that helped him get a 10 point lead in the first 3 quarters?

Dude just puts it all on him and goes hero ball in the last 5 minutes of the game. If it wasn't for Troy "Huge Balls" Daniels we would've lost this game because of Harden yet again.

Good win. However, still don't think we win the series because Harden has this chip on his shoulder mentality where he must win games all by himself.

Harden, you have 4 other teammates, use them in the 4th you selfish oaf.

2. N/A

N/A Member

yea, his terrible shooting continues. We needed a foul out and a lucky shot by the rook to win the game. Good Lord. Harden still doesn't get it. I suppose that 's what happens when the team enables you from Day 1.

3. TheJet

TheJet Member

In crunch time you give the ball to your best player. Dwight was getting fouled and sent to the line, Lin had some shaky handles going. Parsons was out. What would you suggest? Portland was pushing out the pick up high and they were finally playing it well. James had another poor shooting night and he had his mistakes but he hit some big shots.

I swear, why can't you people enjoy the win instead of bashing Lin or Harden? Tiresome.

4. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

Are you being serious?

You think Harden iso is the best possible option?

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

We have a coach that doesn't know any better.

6. TheJet

TheJet Member

Did I say that? I don't have an answer for what will work every time. If I did I'd be coaching. I do know that the pick and roll that was working previously had been stuffed twice. I do know that Harden is one of the only guys on the team that can create his own shot. What would your solution have been?

7. roxfan123

roxfan123 Member

Because coach had no plan to run. And nobody else had th guts to carry the offense. Lin tried it with that run and almost killed his career. I would still take that over harden's iso any day though.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

not sure if his decision to iso, or simply forced to iso because of lack of other options by the coaches

9. Panda23

Panda23 Member

because he is an incredibly talented player who can make tough 1v1 isolation shots as JVG said.

10. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

Yes,

Did you notice Portland running the same LMA ISO 40 times so far this series?

11. Bucketfans

Bucketfans Member

In crunch time, the ball needs to be in Harden's hands. However, that doesn't mean he has to be the one to take the shot or pass it off when he has no options. I would like to see him make better decisions down the stretch

12. archinkent

archinkent Member

Isn't that Mchale's number one play?

13. kvnzhangyay

kvnzhangyay Member

Because he's our best player

On a more reasonable note, its probably Mchale

14. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Well **** at least run a high pick and roll if they're defense is THAT "good" in the 4th....(It's not. Harden has done this all season)

Harden denies the pick every time just so he can take it himself. Dude makes it so the game is won or loss on his shoulder alone. Really selfish mentality.

15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

One thing Harden does that REALLY PISSES ME OFF is how he passes the ball off after wasting the entire shot clock instead of shooting it himself. Why the **** are you passing it off when you are the best scorer on the team?

16. TheJet

TheJet Member

I don't advocate constant selfish play. Far from it. I'd prefer to see more motion, screens, back cuts, etc. But our options can be slim based on this style of offense. I put that on McHale.

Based on a few of these posts some of you guys would have been all over Dream for any shot he missed when he played "hero ball" at the end of games.

17. JVL713

JVL713 Contributing Member

because our only play is hero ball

18. TheJet

TheJet Member

I saw lots of high pick and roll at the end of the game and overtime. Portland was playing it better than they had earlier in the game. And I'd love someone to go back and check the tape and see how many true ISO plays we ran down the stretch. I can remember quite a few critical possessions, but my gut tells me it may have been only three or so. Keep in mind I mean REAL ISO plays, not just plays where Harden initiates, gets a pick or shoots in the offense.

If you just have a problem with him taking the biggest and most important shots all the time I don't know what to tell you.

19. strifed169

strifed169 Member

And thats exactly what Mchale thinks everytime

these Harden stans love Mchale

Mchale is Harden iso hero ball, win or lose this series I would like to see him gone so this club can be ran like a proper team instead of a 1 man show, every-single-night.

20. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

It's not McHale. In the NBA, the players run the show, especially star players. Since when has McHale said he loves isoing? If anything he keeps saying the opposite.

Van Gundy pulled his hair out when he had to coach Steve Francis who kept isoing.

Harden has this chip on his shoulder mentality where he must win or lose every game by himself.