1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does everything fall apart in the 2nd Quarter?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayhow92, May 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

This is becoming a very common theme for this team this season. Jump out to a big lead at the end of the 1st and then completely fall apart on both offense and defense at the end of the 2nd. It happened nearly every game last series, against the Spurs at the end of the season, and now it has happened twice in this series. Anyone have any (non-knee jerk) responses to this? It's just baffling.

2. houseofglass21

We're just not that good.

3. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Good Coaches make adjustments. Ours is a joke.

4. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Our bench scoring relies too heavily on inconsistent players (Smith/Brew/Prigs)?

5. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Horrible adjustments. McHale is basically a robot. Similar to Kubiak. Sub at this certain time, run these same plays. Call a timeout when other team scores 10-0 run.

6. Batman Jones

Batman Jones Contributing Member

Harden sits. It happens in the fourth too.

I'd like to see Harden (and if possible Howard) play the second half straight through like it's an elimination game because it basically kind of is.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Something happened in their locker room a couple of games ago. The Rockets are broken. Only reason they won game 5 against the Mavs is because it was the sorry Mavs. They stopped playing defense after game 2. The players aren't out there for each other.

The effort on defense and the sloppy, soft passes on offense are a dead giveaway. Maybe we'll read about it after the series is over.

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

It's because mchale is married to his substitution patterns. Why is harden sitting for 4-6 min stretches? What are we saving him for?? We should be running this clips team ragged, beating them into submission but instead mchale insists on resting harden for what? To make sure prigs is getting playing time??

I'm beyond frustrated here. Instead of knocking the clips out early we're letting them gain confidence while we stumble through dazed and confused. Now they KNOW they can win.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I'd definitely like to see that happen. They both need to play every minute of the upcoming half

I sure hope its not the case, but it's a possibility. They don't look like a playoff team in the 2nd quarter.

True. I don't think I've seen a defensive adjustment at all once Griffin went into GOAT mode.

On paper, this is a team we should be beat to beat especially without Paul.

True. Bench is completely unreliable as of late. They can't hit anything and are playing extremely slopping.

10. kunene

kunene Member

Just wait for the 4th. You're in for a treat.