1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do lunch pail Evangelical Christians have lower moral standards for the Presidency?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 16, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I never claimed that is what you believe. You explicitly claimed that you know Muslims who believe Obama to be Muslim. Obviously you believe there are reasons for this or else you wouldn't bring it up. So why do you believe Muslims you are acquainted with believe him to be Muslim?

2. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Maybe wishful thinking? Like I said. I have never asked them, but next time I can I will.

3. fchowd0311

So they just claim that statement with no context behind it? Just casually walking up.to you and saying "btw I believe Obama to be a Muslim".

You stated that you've heard multiple people claiming it which means that increases the odds that at least you caught one of these instances where they did supply you with context. Seems convenient that each time it has been brought up, no context was involved where you have no clue why they would believe such a thing.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I remember a few conversations, and honestly I don't say WHY do you think that. I usually just let people believe what they want if they are family or coworkers. Maybe I argue with you, but in polite conversation I steer clear of religion and politics. I think even we'd actually get along in real life. Or at least we wouldn't argue nearly as much.

5. fchowd0311

See I don't buy this. These conversations were not in a bubble. They were brought up in a certain context. The context often is how you can determine why they believe this. You've stated you've heard multiple people claim they think he's Muslim. That statement doesn't just come out from nowhere.

6. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I don't remember all conversations where I've heard this, but it's up to you to believe what you want to believe. I don't need to defend my own life experiences to some guy on the internet who clearly doesn't like me.

7. Major

Major Member

Then if you agree that people change their views based on who's in the White House, and that Dems wouldn't have been OK with it under Obama due o his perceived ethicalness (correct or not), why do you think 50% of Trump supporters think it's OK to have an ethical/immoral President?

8. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

@dachuda86 Yeah, what about that. Speak for your deplorable brethren.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I think it shows that many folks believe in their team more than in the morality of a person. That may not match the lip service they give each day to morals being important but we are seeing it play out here.

I think liberal voters are more likely to support prosecuting and abandoning left-leaning politicians who violate laws and ethics violations. I think left-leaning politicians are only slightly more likely to go after their own for those than Republicans.

At the same time, I don't believe that being an upstanding ethical and moral politician is as high on the talking points for liberals as it is for conservatives. They just don't care as much. They like that Obama was able to maintain an ethical presidency so they can eliminate a talking point of conservatives.

It's also possible that Conservatives really only talked about it a lot recently because it was a weapon to use to attack Bill Clinton.

10. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Your crazed imagination does a good enough job speaking for me because anything I say doesn't actually get by your crazy filter that distorts reality.

11. CometsWin

Sure, we'll go with that. Everyone is crazy but the Trump (no collusion) supporters/not supporters, obviously.

12. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

You are a conspiracy theorist... but like the crazy type.

13. CometsWin

Another deflection. Are you going to address the question? Here you go.

14. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

Yeah I can't speak for a whole group. I'm not a collectivist and I don't pretend to be. I would wager that they are biased in their answer because of partisanship. Just like Dems who ignored 8 years of Barry's buffoonery. No way was he ethical. No way have any of the people in politics been ethical, but people who sleep on their own side's ethics are largely to blame. This is why I don't support Trump. I don't find him ethical and so I don't lend my support.

Also calling someone deplorable is rude. Good manners are free. You know, since far left weirdo collectivists seem to love free stuff, maybe you should try it.

15. fchowd0311

Can you elaborate on you not being collectivist?

Do you not believe in the concept of public education? I'm confused why you've managed to repeat that statement 3 times with no elaboration of what you mean.

16. fchowd0311

You definitely support Donald Trump.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

:D You can't make this stuff up.

CometsWin and NewRoxFan like this.
  18. fchowd0311

I used to believe that @dachuda86 was a sincere poster but I'm starting to believe that he might just be playing a giant shtick. I wouldn't be surprised if if his real life self is a raging leftist who is just trying to frame right wing arguments as stupid and easily countered.

19. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

I can't take anything you say seriously because you lack the basic knowledge to discuss complex issues without making it about race and identity. You're a joke and you high behind racial politics because it's all your know and all you care about.

20. fchowd0311

Why do you think 400 years of context is irrelevant?