1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do Atheists get so much grief?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by aussie rocket, Jul 21, 2009.

1. thadeus

thadeus Contributing Member

Dallas Mavericks fans are clearly worse people than Houston Rockets fans.

2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Obviously, all of that is true.

I edited my original post, check it out.

"Atheists make up the majority of America's educated elite."

You want evidence? Google it, youtube it. It is true... (Did you know that atheists score higher on religious tests as well?)

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/NTIBKZH3kzg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You know what the worst part of it is? A significant portion of our educated elite have zero chance of getting into government office.

#1022 RudyTBag, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ahhh I see. I think I misrepresented myself on the honesty part.

I am in no way saying that atheists are more or less honest than anyone else, obviously.

I was trying to show the idiocy in the fact that a large portion of our educated elite can NOT run for office without lying about their atheism. Basically, some of our most intelligent and people in America can NOT run for office, IF they are honest about their views.

Feel me?

#1023 RudyTBag, May 3, 2011
    Last edited: May 3, 2011
  4. rhester

rhester Contributing Member

yep, but who can run for office if they don't march in step with the power of political elite parties.

5. arno_ed

arno_ed Contributing Member

Ok I understand you now. It is sad that many intelligent people cannot run for office because of their views. However the same can be said for Muslims, Jews, Buddhist, gay people, communists, Arabs and until recently black people and woman. Atheist are not an exception.

Many intelligent people will never become president because of their views or race or sexual preference. That is the problem in a democracy (where many people are xenophobic to an extent, and since the majority of humans are xenophobic that is almost all countries).

I agree that it is sad. But IMHO not an example that Atheist are giving much more grief than many other “groups”. Like I said I prefer to look at a person and not try to lump them in a group.