1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Didn't Lakers Hire the Fuhrer?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by apollo33, Oct 31, 2012.

1. apollo33

apollo33 Member

So now they want to run the Princeton offense with Mike Brown.

Why in the hell didn't they just hire Adelman int he first place he left the Rockets?

What was the original reason of not hiring Adelman and going for Mike Brown???? any Laker fans with insight?

2. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

Woj reported that Kupchak wanted Adelman and Kobe gave his approval. It was Jim Buss who essentially vetoed it and chose Mike Brown.

3. gah

gah Member

The only way I could have felt some sympathy for this team was if Adelman was coaching them, I'm so anti-Lakers that I'd prefer the Heat if it were to come to that, and that's saying the max. I would love for Rick to get a ring but it does not seem likely at his age.

4. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

It would have angered Phil Jackson, who deep down knows Adelman was the better coach but didn't have the same quality of players.

5. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I actually think Adelman is too smart to run that crap 100% of the time. He knows to get the ball in Nash's hands.

1 person likes this.
  6. DonatasFanboy

DonatasFanboy Member

this.

and overall, the whole 'princeton' thing in LA feels like a roundabout no-balls way to take the ball out of Kobe's hands without confronting him directly.
    it makes little sense otherwise with that personnel.

7. supdudes

supdudes Member

Exactly. The reason the Lakers will blunder, if they do, is be because of Mr.Potato head.

8. cjtaylorpt

cjtaylorpt Member

I felt like watching that game was like watching a fork inside of a blender.

9. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

... and the refs.

10. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

right!

11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The more the Lakers lose, the happier I am. They are the NY Yankees of basketball imo and cant wait for their spending spree superstar stardom lineup to backfire.

And as much as I hate the Heat, ill have to concede at this point id take them over the Lakers.