1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why did Dwight sit out tonight?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyT43, Nov 20, 2014.

1. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I know the team said he officially had a "strained knee" but I keep wondering if the child abuse allegations had anything to do with the decision. If these allegations turn out to have any validity or start to snowball in the media, we are DOOMED. If we can't beat the lakers at home without Dwight, I am scared to think what would happen if this turned into an Adrian Peterson situation.

2. Captain Hook

Captain Hook Member

What made me wonder was why wasn't he on the bench during the game? I could see if he didn't go to the Toyota Center, but he was there, and then he just leaves when he makes the decision to not play. Did he not wanna be there? Was he getting treatment?

3. Raven

Raven Member

Trolls gonna troll.

:rolleyes:

4. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

I'm not trolling, I think this is a legitimate thought. I'm not saying I'm convinced that was the reason he was out but I wouldn't put it past Les Alexander(who has always ran a first class organization) to sit him with these allegations out there. Coupled with what happened in the nfl (and Jeff Taylor bing suspended 24 games) the NBA is trying to not be the NFL.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Strained knee.

What, you don't believe 'em? ;)

6. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

The strained knee came out of nowhere, it just seems fishy with the timing of the allegations. I guess Hakeem's knee pads ain't what they used to be

7. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Fixed.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Maybe he/they thought he could sit against a bad Lakers team.

Or the conspiracy theorists are right and something else is going on! :eek:;)

9. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

We still should have won that game without him, so maybe they did sit him against a bottom five team strategically... Best guess until we know more.