1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Derrick Favors is the only answer

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by philchips, Nov 3, 2012.

?

who would you go after?

1. Derrick Favors

26 vote(s)
    14.1%
  2. Josh Smith

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  3. Paul Milisap

12 vote(s)
    6.5%
  4. Demarcus Cousins

48 vote(s)
    26.1%
  5. Lemarcus Aldridge

92 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. philchips

philchips Member

I hear names like D.Cousins, J.Smith, P.Millisap, etc.
    The only real name should be Derrick Favors! I'll tell you why.

The above names are either a little older or impossible to trade for or do not have a post game.

1.Derrick is 21 years old so he'll grow with our young roster at the same time.
    2.Derrick is a rough & rugged true post player that punishes his opponent.
    3.Derrick is just as good on offense as he is on defense.
    4.Derrick hasn't blown up yet and averaged 20 & 10. He doesn't even start yet. This possibly means we wouldn't have to sell the franchise to get him. Attainable.
    5.Derrick is a good kid and his personality is the same as Harden's and Lin's. Kinda a quiet swag. Not to high or to low.

I'm thinking we would have to give up Patterson, T.Jones, our 1st pick. I'd even throw in Dmo or a 2nd round pick if we had too.

2. delta69er

delta69er Member

Favors was the main trade chip that sent Deron Williams to Brooklyn. I doubt the Jazz would move him anytime soon and we honestly have no more assets to offer

3. OremLK

OremLK Member

I would love to get Derrick Favors or Derrick Williams or Demarcus Cousins or some other young PF with their pedigree.

But their teams will not give them up, especially not for what the Rockets have to offer.

4. Dei

Dei Member

I'd rather just play Jones, Morris or Patterson.

5. showa13

showa13 Member

I feel like the j*zz have Favors and Kanter listed as untouchable. Favors would be nice but as of the near future I think they're not going anywhere, I still think either TJones and DMo can become that for us in the future(if McHale ever plays them) and I have a feeling one of the two PFs we face on this double will wind up in Rockets Red next season, Josh Smith in particular based on his distrust of the hawks org and fondness with our city

6. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I'd give up any/all of our young PF prospects for Favors. You can't teach that kind of size and athleticism, and he's more polished than he's given credit for. I don't think the Jazz will part with him though.

Wouldn't be a terrible idea to kick the tires on Paul Millsap though. Problem is, we only have power forwards to deal, which is obviously a position of strength for Utah.

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Al Horford would be the perfect fit on this squad, I wouldn't mind also getting Ryan Anderson for his ability to knock down the trey.

8. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

My question is what happened to Motiejunas? I thought this guy was supposed to be good.

I wasn't able to watch any summer league/preseason games, but was he really that bad? What issues is he having?

9. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

You spelled "Pau Gasol" incorrectly, idiot.

10. OremLK

OremLK Member

No, he played fine in the preseason but McHale doesn't like him all that much for some reason... and McHale doesn't want to play the rookies in general, it seems.

I think Motiejunas would be an amazing fit starting with this offense, since he can run the floor, hit threes, post up, and is good in the PnR game. The knock on him is the lack of defense and meh rebounding.

11. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Well, with the way Asik has been rebounding you would think that could cover up any deficiency with Motiejunas. It seems like Patterson and Morris play more of a perimeter game too, maybe McHale thinks they're better.

12. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Mo needs time,Jones should get some mins. I am glad Morris is doing better.

13. Outlier

Outlier Member

Favors is the same height as our Terrence Jones.

14. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

Derrick Williams?

You need to stop masturbating man. Its bad for your memory.

15. W22_STREAK

W22_STREAK Member

It's Pau Gasol. Gasol or bust.

16. Jontro

Jontro Member

I voted Favors because the thread has his name on it.

17. Juxtaposed Jolt

I would go after Aldridge, but the most cost-effective option would probably be Favors.

Not expensive as Aldridge would be, and not as uncoachable as Cousins would be.

18. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Let the PF's fight it out as far as who gets the privilege of earning our max contract. If Cousins gets his head straight and continues to improve, come on down when you're a free agent. Same goes for Greg Monroe, Favors, Kanter. D-Mo is a guy on our own team who we wouldn't even have to woo. He just needs to wake up like Neo and he too could win our max contract spot.

Now we're the choosers. We have the superstar and the hype. We get to pick which one has demonstrated his worth enough to win the chance to be with us, in a once in the lifetime situation.

19. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Also that offer extends to guys who aren't PF's, like Paul George and Kyrie Irving. Strange as it sounds, probably Asik at C is the only other guy I would say is firmly implanted in his role as a championship piece because what he brings is so hard to replace. So I would look for superstar upgrades anywhere we can take them, PG SF or PF. Right now we just need talent. The rest of the puzzle pieces will come in time. Morey's shown that's what he's best at doing, getting the last pieces.

20. Medevenx

Medevenx Member

But why did McHale play Smith and Cole over DMo? Is there something DMo needs to learn culturally before being able to play? I think we need to play our rookies for them to develop. Just look at how Thabeet is being given a chance in OKC.

It's surprising to me actually for Kevin McHale to turn down using his bigs despite him probably going to be a good big teacher considering his HoF history.