1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why Clutchfans forum is the best fan forum

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Koperboy, Nov 7, 2012.

1. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

I registered here after Dragič became a starter because of Lowry's injury (I'm from same country as Dragič, Slovenia). I enjoyed many threads about Dragič VS Lowry, but especially game threads were the best. Of course you can't escape posts with knee-jerk reactions (btw, I'm still not sure what that means exactly... :)), but you can get a ton of useful informations on some plays and lots of LOL's are guaranteed. The forum is so lively and hilarious I also spent lots of time on it during off-season. And I have to admit lots of players got under my skin just by reading your posts about them.

Then Dragič gets traded to Phoenix. Damn. I really wanted him to stay in Houston. Judging from these boards, fans really care for their team. Nevertheless, I kept reading this and Phoenix's forum.

Do you know the difference? Damn! Preseason action and games: Clutchfans had million posts, links, videos, threads, discussions...not so much at Phoenix. And then came the game threads (both preseason and regular season). Phoenix has 3-5 pages of debate for each game. Clutchfans: over 100.

The result? I'm still a Dragič fan, but I don't care about Phoenix all that much. Instead, I became a Houston Rockets fan, haha! From Asik's signing to Lin and especially Harden, there was so much happening, so many interesting threads opened and discussions had my head almost exploded. After Harden's trade, I went to OKC forum - the debate was going at snails' rate! (Is this phrase correct?).

Anyway, to summarize: I haven't been to each team's forum so maybe I'm doing injustice to someone, but man, if you want to root for a team, you have to choose Houston because of Clutchfans. Especially now when there's so much potential here. Keep up the good work!

7 people like this.
  2. Jontro

Jontro Member

If you want to know what knee jerk is, I suggest you google image Big Ass Gordita with the safe search off.

3. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Welcome. :cool:

"Snail's pace", I believe is the correct idiom to use about something going very slow.

KNEE-JERK comes from when you don't get time to think about reacting to an action (the doctor hits you on the knee to test your reflexes), so here they use it as people reacting to something negative like a loss and wanting to fire everyone on the team, instead of thinking positively about it... I think. (see: http://www.thefreedictionary.com/knee+jerk).

Check out the NBA forum and there are plenty of "other team" or "other player" fans who talk wisely about that.

4. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Unsorted. Period.

5. Wapzoe

Wapzoe Member

Dragic is an incredible player.. Can't believe we didnt sign him over that player option. Loved his drives and his ability to launch a three at anytime in an offense.

Strange there wasn't much activity on Phoenix's fansite.. They have had a pretty big off season.

As a rockets supporter, there's never a dull moment. We might not be contenders yet but the seasons are fun and promising and with Morey in charge, the off season can be equally if not more exciting

6. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Yeah, can't wait for Eurobasket 2013 which will happen in our country. Slovenia plays preliminary rounds in my town, in arena that is few blocks from my appartment!

Yeah. Even when there were those long weeks of waiting for what will Dwight do and if Morey will succeed, the forum didn't stop producing hilarious content. I especially like all the pictures you post.

Swoly-D, thanks for clarification!

Btw, maybe Morey will turn Dragič's brother who was attending your summer camp. He went to Spain where his brother once played too (Tau Ceramica) and he is posting incredible numbers - well, at least for us non-believers. It looks like he is a hard worker like his brother.

7. gah

gah Member

I became a fan of his in summer league, such a hardworker, has the physical tools to be in the NBA, hope he keeps improving.

8. HowardStern

HowardStern Rookie

Wish dragic was still here :(

9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Both Dragic bros are such bros

welcome to the forum

10. CCorn

CCorn Member

tldr; must post pictures of baby animal.

[​IMG]

11. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Are there vampires in Slovenia? I read it in a book or magazine of some sort a while back.

12. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Haha, why would you say that? They are supposedly from Romania which is not far away from Slovenia. Well, at least by US standards.

13. Mr. Brightside

Mr. Brightside Contributing Member

Oh ok. I read it in a book. Just making sure.

14. Koperboy

Koperboy Member

Thanks!

Yeah, when they were playing in Eurobasket 2011, they displayed great chemistry on court. Too bad we got a ****ty coach. Same as McHale - talking a bunch of nonsense to the media and during the game he just sits there and watches. The only difference between them is Maljkovic doesn't know what a Pick and Roll is, while McHale seems to know nothing else but PnR.

Btw, all the information I know about Houston offense, defense and other stuff comes from this forum, since I don't watch the games. So if I say something stupid, I must have read it here :D

15. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Welcome koperboy - nice to see you are a Rockets fan now :). Dragic seems like a great guy, and a great player, wish he was still a Rocket.

16. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

In Slovenia, knee hits jerk!

*I know, different country...

17. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

Should I make a thread about koperboy? :confused: