1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why choose the left nut or the right nut...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Sep 15, 2016.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Sigh... you are the poster child for the phrase "bigotry of low expectations".

2. Buck Turgidson

Or you could be like basso and not have the balls to post an original thought

Twitters and blogs for everybody!!!!

3. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

If the alternative is Trump, I'll take politics as usual.

Wait, so you think I'm talking about Trump? I'm talking about Johnson. More pissed off Republicans will vote for Johnson that pissed off Democrats.

My point was that, if you live in Texas, it really doesn't matter who you vote for. Trump will win the state.

I'm voting for Johnson, but not because I actually support him. It's my way of protesting what the Republicans did in the primaries (i.e. nominate a total buffoon for an election that should have been a layup).

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Ok got it, whew!

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

I urge all persons thinking about Trump to vote for Gary Johnson. Johnson previously a conservative Republican politician so you know where he is really at and now says he is a "libertarian".

Hey you know you want to do it. GOP economics for the 1% as you have been taught (a couple of you might even be in the 1%) and mar1juana, too. Cool.

6. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

#letgarydebate

[​IMG]

7. dmoneybangbang

Let's have a spelling bee first.

8. Dei

Dei Member

9. dmoneybangbang

Another shining instance of why third parties suck at what they do with Gary Johnson's lack of knowledge.

10. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

LOL. I was going to say 'when either way you get kicked in the balls, but like yours better.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I feel really bad for Gary Johnson and Bill Weld. I agree with many of his positions and am glad that he is talking about free trade unlike Trump and Clinton who I think are both demagoging the issue. I liked Bill Weld as MA governor and think he is the type of pragmatic centrist that this country needs. Unfortunately Johnson has repeatedly been showing he's not ready for the big time. Even though he is badly trailing the two leading candidates he still seems like he is crumbling under pressure.

12. dmoneybangbang

Which is a shame, since Bill Weld is head and shoulders more qualified than Johnson. Now that "libertarian ideas" are more mainstream, they have a real chance at forming a viable third party. However, they can't keep nominating the noobs like Johnson and they can't keep relying on populism (that comes and goes). They need to focus more on winning local and state election and actually build a coalition.

13. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

A vote for Gary is an admission that you are not paying attention to Gary...

These jokes aren’t funny anymore: Can we all agree now that the third-party candidates are useless?

Gary Legum

Gary Johnson has now had his Rick Perry-esque “oops” moment. Again.

The latest brain freeze by the Libertarian Party’s presidential candidate came during a town hall broadcast on MSNBC and hosted by the channel’s human bullhorn, Chris Matthews. Asked to name a current foreign leader he admires, Johnson could not come up with a single name. (To be fair, his vice presidential running mate William Weld didn’t do much better, blurting out the name of Israel’s Shimon Peres, who has not held office for two years and is also dead.)

In the middle of his brain freeze, Johnson commented that he was having another “Aleppo moment,” a reference to his now-infamous appearance on “Morning Joe” three weeks ago, when he was asked how he would handle the situation in the city that is the epicenter of Syria’s civil war and responded by asking, “What is Aleppo?”

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

A vote for either Hillary or Trump is an admission that you are not paying attention to either of them. This truly is the bottom of the barrel election, a vote for Gary Johnson is a vote for someone who isn't a scam artist and who doesn't belong in jail for compromising national security when entrusted with classified information. The worst thing Gary Johnson ever did was allow unscripted questions to be asked and get caught off guard by one of them. Even then, when he realized what the question was about, he gave a very good answer.

15. dmoneybangbang

Keep deluding yourself. Johnson has no chance of winning... keep deluding yourself that a vote for Johnson isn't a vote for Trump.

16. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Johnson, way in over his head, seeks glory at the end of the tunnel.

#56 Invisible Fan, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
  17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

So, he is always high.