1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why choose the left nut or the right nut...

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Sep 15, 2016.

1. dmoneybangbang

I think Clinton and Trump are more center than Johnson and Stein. Trump just comes off as a nationalist idiot but he really isn't as politically extreme as Johnson or Stein.

2. dmoneybangbang

Is it really the politics as usual being the problem?

Too many folks not qualified or trained for the new economy. Not sure what Johnson's answer is to that. Very easy to blame the status quo but that isn't the entire problem.

3. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"uber everything".

4. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Each state delegation in the House gets one vote for a tie-breaker. The candidate that can get 26 delegations wins. By my count, Republicans have a majority inside 33 state delegations and Democrats have a majority in 14. New Hampshire, New Jersey, and Maine are split. Given how slavishly Republicans have fallen in line behind Trump because "controlling" the presidency is so important to them -- even guys who obviously don't like Trump -- Trump would easily, easily win a tie-breaker. Maybe Clinton could flip Arizona given the opposition of McCain and Flake, or another state or two (if they don't have laws dictating how the House delegation votes), but Trump has a huge advantage here.

5. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

I would think there are a lot more pissed off Republicans voting for him than Democrats. I'm certainly one of them.

Besides, if you live in Texas like most here, anyone you vote for is a vote for Trump.

6. dmoneybangbang

Heh. Great sound bite but not sure how that will will actually help in he real world.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sadly most of what we've had is people either choosing to suck the left nut or the right nut while trying to convince people that's not what they are doing or that one tastes better than the other.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

It will be politics as usual as long as Congressmen are required to be whores.
    The Executive is really only impactful in the international relations arena. This whole hullabaloo is just about Americans being vicariously competitive.

Go Team!

9. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

Thatd be reason 1 2 & 3 for me supporting Johnson. Policies not to disruptive, Shrink it all down and flush some out. I'd think ALL VOTING sides could get together on that cause. Its obvious Dems and Reps in office wont limit their size and hubris, can only hire 3rd party to do it.

Yeah just from observation, seems its more upset Republicans switching to Johnson. Or maybe its just doing it more visibly like Glenn Beck.

1 person likes this.
  10. dmoneybangbang

Big government... Small government... Merely sound bites. I prefer effective government which would entail shrinking government in some areas and expanding it in others.

11. dmoneybangbang

Good observation. It certainly has been Congress, not just the GOP but more so, hampering policies.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd just say look into him carefully before you vote for him. He's the most corrupt candidate in my lifetime to run for office and his empire includes numerous foreign interests that would put him at an immense conflict of interest. And because his company is private no one knows what those conflicts would be.

A president shouldn't be able to hide their financial stakes and interests, and he will be able to. It's dangerous to mix business and politics at that level and could hurt both average Americans and corporate interests by elevating his interests over competition.

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

All of this from someone who denies that Hillary is corrupt.....keep sucking on that left nut guy.

14. basso

basso Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

those of you on #teamcriminal, i'd think you'd want Johnson at the debates:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Fox News nat'l poll<br><br>2-way<br>Trump 46%<br>Clinton 45%<br><br>4-way<br>Clinton 41%<br>Trump 40%<br>Johnson 8%<br>Stein 3%</p>&mdash; Steve Kornacki (@SteveKornacki) <a href="https://twitter.com/SteveKornacki/status/776548060566618112">September 15, 2016</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

15. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Is playing the power game really corrupt, I mean, there is no scrupulous, high minded game to be played. Bernie was as close as anyone has come to that, or fine, Gary Johnson. But they don't get there.

Even the best of them (Mr. Obama) has to make a thousand compromises like getting the ACA when you want single payer. At best it's just beating your head against the wall.

Your ego's desire has to sublimate your ideological purity or you can't finance a broad based national campaign. The answer is campaign finance reform but how would you get that voted on after the fact.

The next best thing would be a populist revolution but that ain't Trump or Johnson or Stein. It would have to be a left leaning Christian of ideological purity; faultless.

16. CCorn

CCorn Member

I'm feeling the Johnson

17. dmoneybangbang

#teamreality speaking here. So what threshold percentage of support do you feel is necessary to warrant being asked to the debates?

18. dmoneybangbang

Those stroking the Johnson or Feel the Jill crew don't seem to grasp our country's checks and balances. It's hard for me to take these folks seriously when they have no coalition behind them to actually get policies passed.

19. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Are you ready to name an instance of corruption with hillary?

Nope. So STFU.

20. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

In a 20 year window - i.e. taking into consideration the lingering effects of their actions - it's really unlikely that there is a big difference.

Just looking at the mind blowing correlation between terrorist attacks and US assaults on foreign countries, it's not realistic that that Trump can come anywhere near Hillary's penchant for wiping entire countries off the map in a way that Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is jealous of.

Trump is going to have some shady dealings and be heavy handed in a conflict or two. He will continue the pattern of favorable taxation towards the rich which Bush accelerated and Obama held onto. It's hardly going to be worse than what Hillary would do to Syria and Yemen, and how that would in turn fuel real threats to US citizens at home and abroad. Nevermind the economic nightmare bubble she would create by propelling wall street to unprecedented levels of class dominance. Nevermind the fracking, which Hillary aims to globalize. Nevermind her history of assaulting minorities through the criminal justice system. Let's all be honest, she will not do anything to undo the TPP after Obama forces it through.

Hillary is a clearly better candidate than Trump but the difference between the two from the perspective of the last 20 years and the next 20 years is not big enough to justify sabotaging the slow building of a 3rd and 4th party. The difference between Trump and Hillary is not more important than Americans being reasonably represented by their own servants in their own democracy. It's not more important than the existential threat of climate change. It's not more important than getting Americans on a better footing with non-Americans so that when the eventual sharp decline takes place, there isn't a pendulum-like wave of revenge against Americans who themselves were victimized since god knows when. It's not more important than the health and education sectors which are under heavy attack by the class warfare initiated by the richest 1%. These are the real issues. Whether or not Trump is going to try to build a wall or try to deport Muslims are issues, but they pale in comparison to what Americans are facing today. Those are f'ed up things, but nowehere near as f'ed up as people literally dying from the big picture items I listed.

To those looking at 3rd or 4th party candidates, go for it I say. Hillary should beat Trump even if Johnson and Stein luck into 20% of the total vote. She should be demolishing Trump regardless. She can very easily alter her platform more in alignment with the big picture interests of struggling Americans and choke Trump out of the race. But she wants her cake and to eat it too. That's her problem. That responsibility doesn't rest on the shoulders of the people carrying the burden of several presidents that demanded their votes and did nothing in return. That's on her. If she wants those votes, she should earn them, not beg for them. She needs to care more about what Americans really want and less about what she personally wants.

JumpMan likes this.