Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meekg, Nov 3, 2012.
I thought the Rockets really could have used their fresh legs tonight in that loss to Portland.
mcfail is too old school
That's a very good question, my friend. A very good question indeed.
Yeah, the rookies should have played tonight. I am not sure why McHale did not want to play the rookies. I believe rookies could have helped Rockets won tonight.
Yea McHale is old school he isnt going to play Terrence Jones before Morris...Morris is playing good though. I think he is too small at the 4 probably a nice backup to Parsons. Terrence Jones could be useful at the backup 4
no reason why tonight:
1. mm plays too hyper
2. pp 0 assists
3. asik can't score (why didn't he ever guard aldridge too?)
4. don't have to worry about j.j. hickson, meyers leonard or jeffries.
5. back to back game
6. add excitement to the first home game
7. jones, d-mo & white will improve the offense because the defense just swarms harden, lin & parsons.
8. let's see how they play in a regular season game before we say any of them are not ready.
Machado and Jones need to play. I dont think white or Dmo are ready. Maybe in a blowout.
I have incredible respect for mchale's resume but his coaching moves or lack thereof, are quite confusing.
TJ doesn't have to be the second coming of Karl Malone to get 8-10 minutes. Douglas is shooting poorly enough and so inept on the offensive end to give Machado a 5-10 minute look.
Those guys may not be all world, but they're certainly good enough to give the rotation guys a quick rest.
Yeah Jones needs to play. It is getting a tad bit silly not playing him.
I'm going to pose two theories.
1. Desire to test out everyone that isn't a rookie and build chemistry with the veterans.
2. The rookies just aren't doing well in Practice vs the veterans. Though I'd love to see Donatas, and the other rookies getting time in - most importantly when the starters need 5 minutes more rest.
didn't people alwys bitch about Adelman when this happened?
and even JVG?
McHale is not good at making in game adjustments. He is essentially a spectator.
we have a great rookie and the backup is just not as talented
Maybe they're not good enough yet to play?
9. After Harden, D-Mo is the next best scorer on the team.
10. White is the most unselfish player on the team and can set picks.
11. Jones is too talented to be on the bench.
12. Would be nice to be 3-0
13. McHale needs to forget the rotation concept.
14. Jones & D-Mo are better 3-point shooters than PP & MM.
15. Why not use your depth if you have it?
We were trying to contend back then...i guess its possible the Harden trade made them believe the playoffs were within reach now, so we're back to last year...
Because NBA coaches want to win and rookies are anti-winning. I'm sure this will continue to be asked after every game.
3rd game of the season.
This is not the time to be playing a 9-man rotation.
portland has both their rookies in the lineups and getting experieince. Mcfail is just hindering their growth because all it will take is a injury to a player and they will be coming in nervous as hell