1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are rockets fans so boring

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocketman1234, Dec 8, 2012.

1. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

Why are rockets fans so boring. Mavs fans were actually louder on houstons home floor! Look at a team like golden state, the stadium is always full and loud.
    Houston has a good team with very promising young players and a future superstar yet fans can't cheer for their team :confused:

2. RedNation

RedNation Contributing Member

Most attention goes to the Texans nowadays.

3. ch0c0b0fr34k

ch0c0b0fr34k Member

Well, the Mavericks are in the same state as the Rockets so there's going to be a lot of Mavs fans there...

but why would you watch the Rockets now? I don't even think it'd be fun.

4. Mr. Space City

most of the city can't even watch the rockets to know who the young promising players are.

5. Arthurprescott2

Ouch... :eek:

6. nbalopez23

nbalopez23 Member

No disrespect, but it because of the Texans. 90% of Rockets fans cant even watch the games.

Side Note- Rockets- 1 playoff win in 15 years or so
    Texans- could have a resume of 4 playoff wins and SUPERBOWL in 10 years (2years actually)(Everybody can watch there games also)

7. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

I think the rockets are fun to watch. The fast paced offence and what harden brings to the table makes them a good team.
    But it's not even about that its about having passionate fans. Right now the mavs are without dirk yet their fans were still cheering for their team.
    They cheer because they are die hard fans that love their team not because the team is fun to watch. I don't see that in houston

8. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

The way that we've been playing of late, there is little to cheer about.

Watching a team run the same ineffective offensive set over and over again gets a little frustrating, and the confusing rotation patterns add to that frustration.

9. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Small market teams have crazy crowds. That's a pretty obvious trend in the league. Large market teams other than LA, NY tend to have less true fanatics at the games due to the diversity of sports offered in that large market city. Pretty basic stuff.

Been to games before in Dallas, Atlanta, Orlando, and New Jersey. Seen some pretty weak crowds, especially in Dallas(where I now reside)THE SEASON AFTER THEY WON THE TITLE.

I make it down to a handful of Rockets games every year and I can honestly say that Houston's crowd/fanbase is pretty good considering where they are right now as a franchise in the rebuilding process. The lower bowl season ticket holders(corp tickets & rich folk) will probably start showing up more after the NFL season is over. Even then, the lower bowl folk aren't ever going to be the most rowdy bunch ever to see a basketball game.

Because of the business economy in Houston, they do very well in season ticket sales mostly with business' that buy tickets for their customer & employees. Those are probably the most unreliable fans to A. get rowdy & B. show up on time.

10. Rocketman1234

Rocketman1234 Member

Thanks for the info. Very good stuff!

11. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

12. Houston288South

Personally, I don't think the Game Operations is fun. It's the same ole "DEFENSE" chants...I mean, the game aren't crunk! It's been the same ole stuff for years. I'm not saying we need an organ, but We need more creativity during the game.

13. Mr. Space City

rockets fans are at home trying to find streams to watch the rockets

14. ThaShark316_28

LeBron-era Cavs and OKC NAILED this portion.

15. teebone21

teebone21 Member

I was at the game and the crowd was a mixture. Houston fans tend to be older people or dudes trying to impress a girl. No one seems to,be really into the game like when I went to my last spurs game .

16. VBG

VBG Member

Except the Knicks crowd is one of the most passionate crowds in the NBA despite the team being absolutely ****.

17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Many reasons.

1. Houston is a football city.
    2. Houston is a transplant city.
    3. Houston is southern city.
    4. The Rockets have been irrelevant for 3+ years.
    5. The Rockets don't have a contending team
    6. The Rockets don't have a charismatic superstar. Harden may become that, but he's not there yet

Houston is a bandwagon city when it comes to basketball and baseball. If you're not winning, few people give a damn.

18. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Let's see how it goes when Football Season is over.

I hope it's over in February.

19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I wrote other than LA or NY in that post. Probably should throw Boston in that class too.

20. SK34

SK34 Member

Texas is a football state. Houston is more towards football than any other sports. The fans really get behind their team when they make playoffs or so unless its the Texans. And Its for every sport in Houston. Like the Houston Cougars football and basketball. Last year, the stadium stayed packed, this year it was a whole another story.