1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Are Most Protesters Leftists?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Rocketman1981, Jan 12, 2017.

1. jbasket

jbasket Member

Obviously, there are protestors on both sides of the political spectrum, but it is very hard to make an argument that they are equally represented when conservative speakers are met by protests at every single college event. Do y'all realize how many events there are of these types?

For better or for worse, however you look at it, and whatever you want to analyze from it, but the left has more protestors/protests, and it's probably not even close.

2. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

You probably want to figure that out before claiming that conservative speakers are drowned out at "every single one."

3. jbasket

jbasket Member

I apologize, but I hope you understand that I will not be spending the time to look up every location the speakers have gone to, found my friends that go to that school, and looked at our messages or their posts/videos/pictures/links/events. It's just an accumulation of my all those interactions from my friends over the past year or two.

I have better things to do for the next 10 hours. Believe what you want; wasn't even giving any analysis.

4. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

As long as you understand that without any evidence your absolutist claims are total crap.

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I'm not a fan of loonies like Jim Jones protestors but I respect their right to protest and get their message heard.

I do think whatever nonviolent or public reaction they provide is fair game too, and that reaction is not a form of censorship.

The more unfortunate bit is this political tit for tat that accomplishes nothing.

With information at our fingertips, discourse is dead.

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

95% :)

Happy?

7. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I've learned some cool stuff in this thread.

The southern strategy is fake. Having Clarence Thomas as a bff precludes you from being in any way racist.

A poster named Dei ponders how racist he is or is not. While using methods to block his identity because the current climate is deemed too sensitive for their statements.

Also somehow this thread has the group Codepink mentioned, but Westboro Baptist Church fails to garner any sympathy for their plight.

p.s. god hates f@gs

8. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

10. fchowd0311

What a gullible fool you are. A 20 second scroll through the site, it's obvious that it's a fake site. No expict directions just vague references of how to act.

11. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

It came out in Democratic emails that they paid protesters during the campaign.

Why wouldn't anyone think they'd do it again?

Again the topic is why are all the crazy protesters that interrupt always left wing?

Astrodome likes this.
  12. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

And wow. Someone on Reddit agrees with you.....Must be 100% accurate!

13. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Its just strangely ironic that 'progressives' are actually the least tolerant of anyone who doesn't believe their brand of thought.
    They actually attempt to silence the minority or differing views by interruptions, intimidation and of course the calls of
    racist or bigotry to anyone who disagrees.

Sounds much like the religious nutjobs!

14. fchowd0311

Dude try it yourself. Contact the number. Follow the rabbit hole. It's a dead end. It's a fake site.

15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

So progressives are the majority...that's new fake news to me.

Persecution complex, much?

16. Dei

Dei Member

A colleague of mine, who won the Nobel Prize, was harassed into quitting his position over a small comment. I'm quite passionate about my beliefs but I have things I want to accomplish in my career. I help out in whatever way I can like posting in forums like this.

17. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Someday you'll be able to live without fear.
    God loves all his children: racists, rapists, the mentally r****ded. . . .

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

LMAO these hippies in DC are going to give Trump 4 more years.

19. Rocketman1981

Rocketman1981 Member

Again. Examples of people having an uncontrollable emotional and irrational response to losing the
    election.

Vandalizing someones business, breaking windows, burning cars and violently attacking people.
    Cheering speakers talking about blowing up the White House and incest.

Pretty deplorable.

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

What? Over a million people marched today. 4 arrests. Are you talking about the nonsense in DC yesterday?

What I saw today, in person, was the kindest, most civil gathering of a 100,000 people I could possibly imagine. Shocking, honestly. Grandmothers, kids, whole families. Smiles and hugs. I marched against the Iraq war, years ago, and this was something totally different. Not hippies. Just normal people who are concerned.

But anyway, if people had property and businesses damaged somewhere today, I agree that it's deplorable. For most of the planet's marches today, however, they were incredibly orderly and law-abiding, by all accounts I can find, including those at Fox.