1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why are Mavs fans not worried?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Habby52, Apr 16, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Habby52

Habby52 Member

I am ecstatic about the rockets playing the Mavs and couldnt be more proud of our team getting the #2 seed! But I've been hearing from some mavs fans and they don't seem to worried at all. I get that you have to be confident, and I am in the rockets, BUT I am still very aware that Dallas has a solid team and can definitely give us a scare.

Does anyone know why this is the case in Dallas? I predicted at least a 6 if not 7 game series with the rockets pulling it out. Is there something they know that we don't?

1 person likes this.
  2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

It's their best chance to move out of the first round with us rather than playing versus the other matchups plus they saw our regular season games as close since they were on back to back all of their games.

3. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'm in Dallas...the media has a lot to do with the narrative, but i think it's just a mutual feeling. Of all the teams, the Rockets and Mavs are least afraid of each other. The Mavs believe their chances in a match up with any other WC playoff them is far less than with the Rockets.

The ESPN radio keeps saying though the Rockets have a 3-1 series lead all the games were winnable and the Mavs were on back to back's for each match up.

I'm going to enjoy this 1st round......that or be very pissed off....

4. JHL85

JHL85 Member

Because the only alternatives were Spurs, Clippers and Grizzlies.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Why are Rockets fans not worried?

Some are already talking about a potential second round match-up with San Antonio [or LAC].

You're not really hearing it from the players themselves but from the beat writers and fans, both sides wanted the other. So that's good that it's happening but obviously only one team will advance; another will have "egg on it's face". :)

6. HTown_TMac

HTown_TMac Member

Because you always have faith in your team. They are probably asking why are the Rockets not worried about them. When in all actuality I am, even though this is the current matchup I preferred.

7. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

For whatever reason their fans have very high expectations of Rondo. They think that without Bev guarding him he can perform at an elite level. They also believe Rondo is a big game player and performs best in the playoffs.

They also seem to think that Aminu and Harris are much better rotation players than Brewer or Smith.

I've also seen talk about their zone defense being able to shut down Harden. They are going to force us to hit threes.

Regardless--I'm sure they are more worried than Rockets fans. They are greatly relieved they don't have to face the Spurs.

8. YallMean

YallMean Member

Good question ... Wrong forum though.

I think they should be. And they will be after the first two games.

9. HowsMyDriving

HowsMyDriving Member

rockets and mavs play a similar style. rockets are unproven and inconsistent.

of all the matchups, i think mavs would have done best against portland or memphis because of their injuries, but neither of those was a possibility. so out of spurs, clips, or rockets, we are by far the most preferable.

10. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

This. All other three have more playoff winning experience than Rockets.

11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

because douchebags are inherently overly cocksure

1 person likes this.
  12. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Because they think Harden relies on the refs, Howard is diminished, and the rest of our players don't amount to anything. Same thing every other fanbase thinks.

13. YallMean

YallMean Member

The Mavs fans are way in over their heads. They are still living in 2011.

well that may be said about some of us too. ;)

14. hooroo

hooroo Member

embrace the role as villains. sweep the leg, sweep the series. nothing less...

15. AFS

AFS Member

If I was a Mavs fan, I would also rather face a team that hasn't made it out of the first round in forever over the Spurs, Clippers, or Grizzlies. Especially when that team is missing two important rotation players.

They also had a better playoffs last year than we did. They came the closest out of anyone to beating the Spurs.

16. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

Cause they know sports, duh. The Cowboys are DEFINITELY going to win it all this year.

17. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

It's preferable to playing SAS or LAC but i'm still scared to death of Dallas and their "yes we can, drain everything in site and go on 20-4 run" moments. Seen it way to much in the past, I'm prepared for a hard fought series and wouldn't be surprised if they steal one in Toyota center. I don't think for a second the rockets will just plow right over them.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

They are more afraid of the spurs, never accepted that the Rockets beat them out for Dwight and then surpassed them last year, and mistakenly believed their own/Marc Stein's hype in the offseason that they trumped the Rockets by getting the Chandlers.

19. Richie_Rich

Richie_Rich Member
    Supporting Member

Winner!

/thread

20. Asian Sensation

Because we've only made it out of the First Round once in like the last 17 years.

Anyways, who cares if they're worried or not. Just worry about our own team.