1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's the emotional leader?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BryceDrewFan, Dec 9, 1999.

1. BryceDrewFan

BryceDrewFan Member

Bryce Drew. Very religous, very inspreational. Good guy, read the article that I found.

2. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

Yeah why not, Brice Drew can preach to the coach and palyers not to say any foul words on the court to go to heaven, and he can sing hulleluyah when the Rockets win.

3. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Cuttino Mobley and Carlos Rogers will have to do for now.

4. Mango

Mango Contributing Member

The title asks who is the emotional leader and in the body of the post you ask who is the vocal leader. I don't know if the vocal leader and the emotional leader are always the same person. Cat is probably the emotional leader, yet coming off the bench makes if difficult to establish the tone from the onset of the game as a starter would.

Forget the emotional and vocal stuff and just say Francis is the leader because it will be completely his team about 140 something regular season games from now. Cat might be the emotional heart, but Steve will be THE LEADER.

Mango

[This message has been edited by Mango (edited December 09, 1999).]

5. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Elie did wonders back in the championship days her in Houston, now look what he did in San Antonio. Barkley will be sorely missed in this area. I the the vocal leader is very important to a team when they're down. All of our guys are young except Bullard. Francis is only a rookie. Who will be the vocal leader on the floor?

6. Rocketability

Rocketability Member

I would say Cuttino, too. He's so mad on the court. Let him try. He could be our MadCat.

7. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

I would love it to either be Mobley or Cato. Just hope Cato doesn't get too fired up and pick up 3 fouls in 2 minutes. Cato always plays with passion.

8. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

Barkely and Dream is out, and Dream is not an emotional nor vocal leader. It's Steve Francis turn to be the man.

9. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

allow me to add an angle to this:

I believe this team's best shot is to focus on being the best defensive team it can be. If the team is a defensive-oriented team, that makes Olajuwon still the leader, and still able to deliver to a high degree in that regard (IMO).

I'd try my best to bring Cato up to a leadership position, so he can call this his team, because the team philosophy would be centered around his defensive skills (assuming they take on a strong Rudy defensive mindset).

With that thought, Francis is my favorite player, and it is Francis's team on the offense end, no doubt. I'm just saying, since we need the fast-break to make best use of our current talent, we must start with defense, and welcome our main man on that side--Cato.

Plus, I have a gut instinct that Cato is the most fragile at this point. He can go the greatness route or (as Barkley said) accept losing and just start collecting a payment. (Barkley directed that at the whole team, not just Cato).

10. SaluteCharles

SaluteCharles Member

According to tonight's game against the Celtics, I would have to say those of you who picked Cuttino Mobley were the winners.

Cato hasn't showed me much emotion at all. I am very disappointed in him though he picked it up a little in the second half tonight. I don't think he is a leader so far.

Carlos I don't know enough about but he showed leadership with his stats tonight.

Stevie will be the leader or co leader with Mobley is what it is looking like. Stevie has to quit trying to do so much and get his team involved #1. That will cut down on the turnovers. He wants to be the leader and is a good kid I think. Talented goes without saying.

With that cute little boy face, I don't know if Drew can be a vocal leader. No disrespect, lol. He is leading with his good playmaking abilities. Sorry for any typos.