1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's ready to watch a young team with POTENTIAL?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rolyat93, Jul 5, 2012.

?

Are you happy about the Rockets new direction

1. No, we had a shot at Howard.

3.8%
  2. Yes, we've needed a direction for a while.

66.2%
  3. No, I don't like to rebuild

5.5%
  4. Depends on what they do from here.

24.5%
  1. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

With predictions like that, I'd say you're the one who's hilarious.:p

2. conquistador#11

I bet you have no connections to l.a
    and nowhere to be found during the nick van exel era.

3. clos4life

clos4life Member

I'm excited about our rookies but I want to see the whole picture first. Honestly, I think Orlando got raped on that trade but it doesn't bother me too much that we didn't get Howard. I will say the agents are pulling all the strings though. Too much backdoor dealing going on.

But I'm still very excited about the upcoming season. We are going to surprise some people as currently constructed, more if we manage to improve somehow.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

I vote for "The Texans season couldn't begin soon enough"

5. yuisakata

yuisakata Member

Amen that. And better than watching an unhappy superstar destroy any entertainability of the Rockets.

6. Rocket_4_Life

Rocket_4_Life Member

I'm really excited about our talented rookies, as well as pumped up about our capable 2nd & 3rd yr guys as well. The Lakers have a great team, but they have a very small window of opportunity. Assuming our team stays together, it's entirely possible that we have the better team 2 years from now.

Not including Lin, Parsons, and Asik (three slightly above-average, young players), we have 4 multi-dimensional, athletic rookies that probably should have each been selected several positions higher in a deep draft.

I think there's a lot to be excited about, and I'm really looking forward to October.

Who's starting PF? Who's our backup C? Will Patrick return to rookie form and challenge for playing time? Can Jones play 3, or will Morris make everyone forget last year's learning curve? It's going to be fun :)

7. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

As long as we are really rebuilding which I still highly doubt, I am more than ready to watch this team. I haven't been this excited since Artest in 2008 offseason.

8. Bublanski

Bublanski Member

glad we didnt get howard. i know we are going to have lots of loses but im looking forward to seeing this young team develop with Lin & Morey as usual will draft talented players.

at least this time he gets to draft high.

9. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Im ready. Im keen. Since we are not in 'win now' mode the last thing I wanna see is McHale losing his patience with our youngsters and preferring to play heavy minutes to vets cause they know what they are doing. Especially if they are the caliber of Delfino and Najera.

10. solid

solid Contributing Member

I typically don't cut the Rocket's brain trust any slack, and God knows that don't deserve any, BUT I am excited about this crop of rookies. And I know full well that I shouldn't be. From Langley to Donta Greene, summer league proves little. However, surely the Rockets are going to find a diamond in the rough sooner or later. I am guessing that it is Lamb or DMo or both. Maybe even Jones or White. I am excited to see what they do. If they don't progress, then we are in Astroland and "tuning out" may be the only option.

11. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I'm not against the direction.

However, facing facts here...the same people who have been complaining about the mediocrity treadmill for the last 3 years will be complaining about being a lottery team by Thanksgiving.

12. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I'm not huge on calling for guys heads. If that happens though....

13. ejarts

ejarts Member

Wait, we're talking about the Texans right?

1 person likes this.
  14. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

I'm super happy to see young guns play. In the next five years there's about 0 chance for any team to realistically contend other than Miami, Thunder and Lakers. So we better draft and develop prospects well to build a contender in year 5.

15. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

In 5 years the NBA landscape could be completely different. By then Kobe, Nash, Artest, and Gasol will be retired. D. Wade will be retired and theres a good chance Ibaka, and Harden won't still be playing for the Thunder.

When you really think about it, the Hornets could be really good in 5 years as well if their team pans out. Not to mention after next years draft when the Rockets draft their next superstar, we'll be right on the doorstep to the championship ourselves!!!

16. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

the thunder will still be good when you are an old man.

17. primtim24

primtim24 Contributing Member

They may still be good, but I still think it's very presumptuous to assume that no one besides these 3 teams will be able to contend in 5 years.....heck by then there may be no max contracts and a hard cap....hahahahaha

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

This team could easily be contenders within 3 years if all the right pieces are added around them in time.

19. tzou88

tzou88 Member

Errr don't we have the current CBA for 10 years?

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I don't think so. After Durant and Westbrook leave, they will have to start the rebuilding process all over again. That will be in about 10-15 years.