1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's ready to watch a young team with POTENTIAL?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rolyat93, Jul 5, 2012.

?

Are you happy about the Rockets new direction

1. No, we had a shot at Howard.

3.8%
  2. Yes, we've needed a direction for a while.

66.2%
  3. No, I don't like to rebuild

5.5%
  4. Depends on what they do from here.

24.5%
  1. Grape_Swisha281

I agree Daryl is up to something, Lowry was just the 1st domino to fall.

2. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Down is still a direction.

CAPTAIN, FIRE REVERSE THRUSTERS!

[​IMG]

3. PhiSlammaJamma

We have a decent team, but no excitement, and no reason to get excited. I give kudos to Morey for trying to build from a team in the middle, but almost never tried, and almost never works. And that's the fate of moneyball. You may get to the middle, you may stay there, but you not going to compete with the big boys because you don't have the potential to do so. You've maxed it out already. And we are still in the middle here.

While it will be fun for a week or two, the reality is that studs on draft day are often duds after a year or two. Even the good one's like Budinger are little more than role players, and that's about all I can expect here. It will be fun for a week or two, and then it will fizzle out.

We need a star, but hard to get one in Houston without doing it through draft. So few teams will trade a star for lots of mediocrity. What we need is a Tracy McGrady situation we can benefit from.

4. SupermoochieFro

This!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

You show me the team with all this potential. What I see is a team with a lot of mid first round picks that none of which overly excite me. One player is interesting to me, DMo, if I were him is stay overseas

6. ejarts

ejarts Member

don't worry guys we still have Fortson/Lil Wayne.

7. TXRoxBBall

TXRoxBBall Member

He has been up to something since he got here, he just hadn't successfully completed any thing

8. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

Can't wait!!

With that said, with our current PG situation, Sergio Lull need's to come over this year.

9. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

LOL. Yeah, don't come to the best basketball league in the world because you're team is rebuilding and will be able to give you PT and money. HA!!

10. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

lets go young!

its the only way unless we can land dwight... (and at what cost)

morey has always zagged when everyone else is zigging. all the other teams like LA, MIA, SA, NYC, OKC are clustering great players together - almost makes you wonder how long before the NBA retracts?

lets see how good of a coach mchale is. let's start planning our team to peak in 3-5 years when OKC and MIA are fading or on the verge of splitting up. LA and SA will be long gone by then.

if you guys want to get mad... get mad at lebron. he's the one who started all this.

11. RyanB

RyanB Member

finally things are getting clearer
    even if Morey and Les do not want to tank, they suddenly found themselves in the tank wagon
    so i'm ok with that, cause sincerely we're going nowhere with th 14 th pick
    and NO SUPERSTAR wants to come to HOUSTON!
    so i'm glad that we're rebuilding:grin:

12. prs325

prs325 Member

Theres 3 guys to watch for with super hugh potential: Monteijunas, White and Lamb
    We will also have defensive sieves in Parsons and Asik who are also young. Finally RedNation will have a team to root for and if we suck next year, guess what, we get a high lottery pick to add to the core. Win-win scenario

13. WNBA

WNBA Member

They are young but have no potential.

cant wait for the next draft.

14. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Yes, yes, and yes. Its what I wanted from day one of Yao and Tmac going down. Finally came around to that idea.

15. rolyat93

Don't sleep on Jones, he's very athletic and versatile. His game didn't shine too much because of all the talent at Kentucky but I think he's already a better prospect than Patterson and Morris.

16. rkh-dog

rkh-dog Member

Buy out Llull's euro contract, then buy him some vowels and get Lluulio over here!

17. rolyat93

Oh yeah, I'm still ready.

18. roxxy

roxxy Member

I am cool with this.

19. Eddy F.

Eddy F. Member

I'M READY! HOME GROWN TALENT HERE WE COME! Never mind those big headed free agents, superstars! I believe in Morey's ability to spot talent. These guys will be something, if not years from now.

20. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

We could have traded Luis for something instead of letting him go for nothing

Can Lin turn into a better player than Gogi or Lowry, i sure hope so