1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who'll be on the 610 AM Rockets Power Hour?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by durvasa, Sep 11, 2007.

1. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Last season, 610 AM did a weekly one-hour show with Mario Elie for Rockets talk.

If they decide to do that again this season (hell, I'd like them to make it daily), who would you like to be the Rockets insider? Maybe we can have some influence on who they choose.

Personally, I'd love for Jonathan Feigen to get the gig. He's probably the most knowledgeable person on the going-ons of the Rockets who isn't directly employed with the team. I'm not interested in a former player reminiscing about their time with the Rockets -- I want serious, in-depth discussion. The couple times I've heard him on 610 AM, he's done very well in my opinion.

Who would your choices be?

2. OrangeRowdy95

OrangeRowdy95 Contributing Member

JVG he's great on air

3. durvasa

That would be a very interesting choice. I'm sure he wouldn't accept it, though.

Is there anyone out there who would provide in-depth, objective discussion without sucking up to the present coaches/players?

4. ToyCen428

ToyCen428 Member

Calvin Smurphy

5. TriCkz

TriCkz Member

Denniscd........................

6. prodigy08

prodigy08 Clutchfans Lurker

tracy murray or eddie griffin? (both would be creepy either way) :D

7. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

8. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

JVG would be great but they will probably go with whoever is directly covering the rockets, like mario was. MAtt bullard maybe?

9. cskerlecz

cskerlecz Member

Bullard= Bull$hit

The guy is 6'10 and knows nothing about the game. He is the Rockets organization version of Bill Walton. Both are equally stupid.

10. t-mac4bigmac

t-mac4bigmac Member

Whoa! What's wrong with Air Bullard? He's done a good job with the Rockets games. At least he's better than "Nothing but net" Clyde.

11. ThePrivate

ThePrivate Member

That ain't no lie.

I don't know why Worrell won't tell him how to correctly pronounce Dirk's last name correctly.

Bull, if you read this forum, in German, the 'W' is pronounced 'V' - You Big Dummy! :D

12. brantonli24

brantonli24 Member

He's not stupid, at least he's able to read Rockets plays (admittedly, so does half of the BBS) and can actually demonstrate them out to the audience, unlike Clyde who just doodles around with the white pen.

13. Guru

Guru Member

Jon Barry! :D

14. BaMcMing

BaMcMing Contributing Member

So far you have bashed Mike Harris in one thread, and Air Bullard in another. Would you like to take a shot at Rudy?

I'm all for expressing opinions, but come on man, this is a Rockets FANS forum. Take that trash to the Mavs board

15. conquistador#11

Air Bullard is much better on radio than on TV.

16. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

what does being 6'10 have anything to do with anything? :confused:

and he does actually evaluate pretty well. Yeah, he is a corny but still knows basketball pretty well. BUt im sure it pales in comparison to your knowledge of the game.

17. durvasa

I hope its NOT Bullard. His analysis doesn't really impress me, and anyways what he'd say on the radio won't be much different from what we hear on the Rockets broadcasts already.

I'll stick with Feigen. If the point of the program is to get more Rockets news/information, he's the best man for the job. If the point is mainly to entertain, Calvin Murphy works.

18. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I would love hearing Jon Barry, but I don't think that's likely, he has bigger fish to fry. Feigen would be good.

And yes even though I am not in town I still listen to the stations there in Houston... :) Thank goodness for streaming radio! (insert Network Neutrality support here!!)