1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who would make for good moderators in the D&D forum?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Clutch, Nov 26, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Are we all just going to ignore that @A-Train "Running With Scissors" man would be perfect.

Here's a visualization of posters in D&D trying to win debates... y'all need an expert like A-Train to help keep you from hurting yourselves.

[​IMG]

Chilly_Pete likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

would have dm'd this but just wanted to say thanks for the kind words

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  3. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

Make both BtG and Granville mods. Then they will both have to work together to decide on how to moderate the forum. Divisive political reparations in action. :p

mdrowe00 likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

da_juice likes this.
  5. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

It'll be like one of those rom coms that pairs two complete opposites together. But when they spend more time with each other, they realize the other is not so bad and then they have sex.

No Worries, mdrowe00 and JuanValdez like this.
  6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Would you even consider watching dat?

7. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

No, but it'd add more juicy drama to this silly feud.

mdrowe00 likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Fine, FINE... I will do it....

SHEESH !!!

DD

9. Chilly_Pete

Chilly_Pete Contributing Member

I feel like I should look at that picture every time I venture into the D&D.

Harrisment and FranchiseBlade like this.
  10. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

This thread is almost completely unreadable.

11. Papa John

Papa John Member

some level of trolling is good for business. That is evident here. Some were sent packing but it was hard to contain the narrative. Clutch tried. I suppose he could end it all right now too.

Some on here are so deluded on troll juice that they cant possibly be real. Actually trolling liberals on here is too easy.

The real fun is in trolling the troll. It gets old too and any of the decent trolls here on the right are mostly gone ...or are no longer being paid to come here.

It leaves a vacuum. I would have fun moderating here but I would have my bias on xyz topic and certain people.

The demographics of this site do make it an intriguing job though. Seems like a low paid position but I will ..

otherwise in my place I nominate heypartner since he has your admin password & rootness anyway. Hes been sleeping on your couch now for 19 years.
    He will be mostly fair.

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The person who doxxed me had been warring with me for years and a mod would have easily stopped things from escalating. I don't think @AroundTheWorld is proud of what he did. I think he regrets it. We all get angry and go pay the line. It's human. And thats the very reason I got a second chance when I went over the line and the reason Bobby deserves a second chance

cml750 and jcf like this.
  13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

Just ban all of the conservatives and give the left the utopia they have always dreamed of. give SamFisher and tinman oversight on troll accounts. Job done.

Invisible Fan likes this.
  14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

[​IMG]

No Worries likes this.
  15. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Or how about breaking D&D into its conservative and liberal counterparts? I might even ask the conservative D&D moderator to perma-ban me right now. :D

16. Deji McGever

Deji McGever יליד טקסני

I don't hate Mexicans or Russians, so I wouldn't be welcome in either forum.

#316 Deji McGever, Nov 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2018
  17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I supported JV in an earlier post, but I agree that a sense of humor is an important quality. Some posts are not understood and are taken seriously by some members when they were meant to be humorous, often via sarcasm. As best as I can tell, and I hope he doesn't take this too personally (cause I like him a lot), @JuanValdez doesn't have a sense of humor, or it is so subtle that it's goes right over my head (not impossible at all - it's my head I'm talking about), and I've always had a good antenna when it comes to detecting humor.

@durvasa, @HayesStreet or @rocketsjudoka, along with others I could mention, all have some humor percolating somewhere inside their brains, and @Os Trigonum certainly does ( I was raised hearing my highly intelligent father's terribly bad jokes - somehow, I survived, just barely - it's contagious) While some would dismiss humor as being important in D&D, I consider a sense of humor to be a good quality. It's a needed component for a good moderator down here, in my opinion. Otherwise, said moderator would eventually go crazy, in my opinion.

18. Exiled

Exiled Member

2 maximum posts per 24hours limited to 250 words or 1500 characters [half of A4 sheet] should do it, it would give some an opportunity to take a shower,clean the basement, get some groceries etc,

ThatBoyNick/txtony for 2020

Rashmon likes this.
  19. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

will the moderators let us criticize religions?

will the moderators let us use the term "illegal immigrants"?

will the moderators allow us to call him Bradley Manning?

most moderators are more interested in censoring thought crimes than stopping harassment, personal attacks, etc.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Based on what? Have you seen moderators doing that here at ClutchFans? I haven't. Show us an example or two, please.