1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who win't the real dunk contest?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by dream_team, Feb 9, 2003.

?

Who would really win the dunk contest?

1. Desmond Mason

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Kobe Bryant

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. Jason Richardson

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. Tracy McGrady

3 vote(s)
    12.0%
  5. Steve Francis

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. Vince Carter

12 vote(s)
    48.0%
  1. dream_team

dream_team Member

Who wins the real dunk contest?

my picks (in order):

<b>1) Vince Carter</b>
    The greatest dunker of all time in my mind. Revolutionized so many new dunks when people thought creating new dunks was impossible. Amazing leaping ability, smooth, and crazy creativity.

<b>2) Steve Francis</b>
    Bias? Maybe a little. Fans always loved the smaller guy when it came to dunk contests. Amazing vert! Just watching him fly will score him big points.

<b>3) Tracy McGrady</b>
    Vince Carter without the creativity, and this game has became 70% creativity.

<b>4) Jason Richardson</b>
    Sure he won 2 in a row, but I'm just not a big JRich fan. Good hops, decent creativity, but he just doesn't look smooth out there.

<b>5) Kobe Bryant</b>
    I would've put him before JRich, but where has he been lately? He possesses all of the skills to be one of the greatest dunkers of all time, but you have to compete!

<b>6) Desmond Mason</b>
    Explosive & smooth! Should be in top 3, but he always tries to win every contest with one really good dunk, and a bunch of decent ones.

#1 dream_team, Feb 9, 2003
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2003
  2. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jason Richardson.

I much prefer creativity and power to smoothness.