1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who wins our seasons end awards?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BoyhoodDream, Apr 10, 2000.

1. BoyhoodDream

BoyhoodDream Member

I'm going to break down the awards for our Rocket team into: MVP, MIP, DPY, SOY, MUP.

MVP (Most Valuable Player): Obviously, this award has to go Steve Francis. He has been exceptional through out the season and is only going to be better. He has carried the team through out the season and has posted incredible numbers while doing it. He played even or than almost every point guard in the league (except Terrel Brandon). I don't think we can say enough about Francis, his numbers should say it all:

18.1 ppg 6.5 apg 5.1 rpg 1.54 spg 3.9 tpg

Most Improved Player : We don't have very many Rocket player's on this team that were from last year's team. So, I am going to give this award to Cuttino Mobley, who rightfully deserves it anyway. Last year, Cuttino Mobley showed he was something special. This year he proved we weren't wrong. He upped his numbers tremendously(2nd on the team in scoring) as well as his leadership.

15.5 ppg 3.4 rpg 2.6 apg 1.11 spg

DIP(Defensive Player of the Year)
    At the beggining of the season I would have automatically gave this award to Cato. Though he has averaged almost 2 blocks a game, I don't think he deserves it. I think Shandon Anderson has shown that he is more capable of a defender that Cato is. Shandon defensive efforts don't show up on paper, but he has night in and night out hustled on defense.

12.0 ppg 4.6 rpg 3.0 apg 1.17 spg

SOY (Surprise Of the Year) This award, in my opinion, goes to Walt Williams. At the beggining of the year, I was surprised that Walt Williams was this bad. At the end of the season I am surprised that Walt Williams is this good. Either way, he has surprised me the most. Lately, he has put up more impressive numbers than Pippen. Making us seem like bandits in the Pippen trade. Even his defense has been a little impressive.

10.6 ppg 3.8 rpg 2.0 apg

MUP (Most Unimpressive Player) This award will go to Tony Massenburg. I know it's unfair because he has been injured for practically all of the season. But it still sucks that he has been out. I was actually happy we got him in the trade, because he would provide us with a consistent post player.

N/A

------------------