1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be traded first... Dekker or Anderson?? And what for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sanity2disChaos, Jan 22, 2017.

?

Who will get traded first??

1. Anderson

19.5%
  2. Dekker

14.5%
  3. Neither

66.0%
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

It's just a matter of time before Anderson is traded, right? I can't see us going into the offseason strapped.

2. joeson332

joeson332 Member

man what the f?

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Yes, there's no better rest than a virus attacking your body making you lose balance, lose some muscle and uncontrollably excrete liquids from every hole in your body. It should really help.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

That all made sense then, as we were probably nervous giving up bigs due to Howard's condition at the time. But, the longer Bledsoe goes without being traded the longer it appears that was never going to happen, they are/were wanting much more. It was probably more than DMo they were asking for....like DMo and a pick.

Of course, you can counter that and say ... "No, I know for a fact it was just DMo and salary matching they were asking."

But I'm here to offer alternative facts, so that 33% of the ppl believe Morey could have done the deal with just DMo, 33% of the ppl believe PHO wanted more and walked away, since they've yet to trade Bledsoe, and 33% of the ppl say "It's too hard to know the truth" so just want to forget about it and move on to the next issue.

Am I doing it right, in this new era of fact finding? ;)

Joeseafus, DonKnock and Sooty like this.
  5. Sooty

Sooty Contributing Member

you're the best heypartner

DonKnock and heypartner like this.
  6. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Why do you think this? Lol hes not getting traded. Hes an impact player for us

DonKnock likes this.
  7. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

KellyAnne? Is that you? ARGH....blarf......

8. basketballholic

We did value DMo more than Bledsoe at that time. That's all I know. I have no opinion in other subsequent trades. But I did advocate trading both DMo and Terrence in their third seasons when they still had plenty of trade value. As it is.....we got nuth'n.

9. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I don't know that we did because even if we didn't value D-Mo as an impact player, that was not a good trade. It makes sense that we would turn down that trade regardless of D-Mo's value.

Some things are worse than nothing. I think that's the key thing you're overlooking here. Having Bledsoe for D-Mo and T Jones right now would be a worse situation to be in. We wouldn't have been able to sign one of Gordon or Anderson without giving up someone else. That's worse than getting nothing for D-Mo and Jones.

Our top 8-9 players are winning 72% of our games. That's not the result of 8 individual talents being good enough to win 72% of their games. That's the result of strategy, coaching, cap flexibility, chemistry, role player fit resulting in a winning % greater than the sum of parts. We would not win more games by swapping Gordon or Anderson for Bledsoe, even if Bledsoe was the better individual player. We would not be on a better road to a championship.

The fact that we voluntarily decided to let Jones and D-Mo walk for nothing was the right decision for this organization because no other path would have resulted in a ~ 60 win team AND flexibility/assets to add another star after signing two elite role players. That's an unfathomably good position to be in, there is no logic in questioning decisions that led to it. Was there a way we would get #1 seed and flexibility? Or #3 seed and a guarantee of adding a second superstar? Because those are the only other outcomes that would be preferable to what we've done.

vator and Dankstronaut like this.
  10. douglasreedy1

douglasreedy1 Member

Then trade Wiltjer!

11. vator

vator Contributing Member

Trading DMo after you developed him for 2 years and he finally started to look like an NBA player after scrubbing it up would have been met with tremendous backlash. You saw the reaction of half the board when we tried to trade the injury riddled version of DMo. He was finally showing some promise as a legit inside/out player. Then the back happened and Morey tried to dump him while he still could get something of value and we all know too well how that played out.

"He would have gotten away with it too if it wasn't for those meddling kids and their pesky dog too"

12. basketballholic

Ummmmmmm, we didn't want DMo to walk for nothing. We wanted to use him in trade.....at our discretion. DMo knew that and he wasn't having it. Tried to work a sign and trade before the season started. We kept pulling his chain. So he finally pulled ours. And it does bite because it severely limits our trade options going into this trade deadline.

13. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Yeah DMO showed us by turning down millions to ride the pine in New Orleans. But I think our squad will survive. Im enjoying the ballers that want to be here.

DonKnock and vator like this.
  14. photojoe

photojoe Member

I wouldn't be opposed to trading either one of them- however it is really easy to say "we aren't good enough to compete with GSW and Cleveland! We need another piece!" but it's much harder determining what that piece is.

Both Anderson and Dekker have been huge pluses for us this season. I was super opposed to the Anderson signing, but his 3 point shooting and even just the threat of his 3 point shooting has been huge in opening up our offense. Dekker's energy and productiveness have been a surprise this season. I love watching him play. He always seems to be in the right place at the right time.

So yes, I wouldn't be opposed to trading one or even both of them. But for what? What trade out there would improve our team so much that it would make up for the production that we would lose from Anderson/Dekker as well as make up the gap between us and GSW/Cleveland? And would also not mess up this team's biggest strength this season- our strong chemistry together.

Morey has some very tough decisions coming up at the deadline. My money would be that sees if he can get anything for Brewer (hopefully a Center or PG but I would take just about anything) and then tries a trade something like KJ and a second (or 2) to Phoenix for PJ Tucker. The Suns are young and rebuilding and don't have any need for a veteran like Tucker while KJ and draft picks would help them rebuild. And ends up keeping Anderson, Dekker and Montrezl.

15. vator

vator Contributing Member

Or there is also the possibility that had we signed him and then tried to trade him, he may have not passed his physical or gotten hurt again before we could get rid of him and we'd be stuck with a player we only wanted to keep around to match salaries. Depends on the trade obviously. He would be especially useless if he was being shopped as an asset rather than just a way to make salaries work.

16. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Idk fans that are mad that dmo got away for nothing. It's not our fault pistons got buyers remorse, morey tried his best and almost got a first round pick. The dmo resigning fiasco was just bj and dmo trying to get more money and outplay Morey.

17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I don't know what that speculation has to do with what we were discussing. Maybe at some point in the past we wanted that, and that changed.

What I do know is, we voluntarily pulled the offer, and the way D-Mo is playing right now would not have made him a tradable asset by the trade deadline and he would occupy valuable cap space in the summer.

I'm not interested in a Houston vs D-Mo game. I'm interested in winning it all. And to that end, Morey has been a chess master since this summer. We are in the best position we could possibly be in. No mistakes were made. Nothing was lost which would have, in the big picture, made us more capable of winning a championship in the very near future.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

No you advocated for T _ones to be out of the league by now. But surprise, surprise, he is still in the league and putting up better numbers than DMo. And if anything, DMo looks to be the one who will be out of the league before T _ones.

19. Streets 01

Streets 01 Member

I don't understand this thread at all.

It's not like we have a wealth of talent at the 4. Moving either of these two means we have Ariza playing out of position and Brewer soaking up MORE minutes (See: Anderson's flu). That net negative alone should deter thoughts of trading either.

So you'd have to get a 4 back to fill the hole you created (and one significantly better to make it worth it). But why would a team trade a better PF than the ones we have?

This thread is confusing on so many levels.

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

i don't really understand this post at all because in reality the 4 is the deepest position the rockets have slotted based on this current roster. Now if you're talking about a traditional PF then yeah there's a point to it but since the league has since gone to small ball, the rockets currently field a roster with plenty of guys who rotate in this spot based on matchups. The versatility in each guy is an absolute plus for matchup purposes.