1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who will be traded first... Dekker or Anderson?? And what for?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sanity2disChaos, Jan 22, 2017.

?

Who will get traded first??

1. Anderson

19.5%
  2. Dekker

14.5%
  3. Neither

66.0%
  1. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I think Morey trades Dekker for some inadequate overrated POS that can't help this team come PlayOffs just because of the popularity around this league.

hakeem94 and DonKnock like this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Well, let's just say that you are claiming that was his high, and can really only claim that in hindsight because he got injured a month after the trade deadline, so you can say anything, I guess. But, we can't say Bledsoe .... Phoenix still hasn't traded him to this day. Looks like that never happens.

You're way too far into What If land and speculating on what DMo's high would have been had he never gotten injured and who we could have landed for him Feb 2015.

3. Fantasma Negro

James is having a great season too, I wonder what we could get for him. Smh. I blame Morey's over-tinkering for dumb ass threads like this

4. Sanity2disChaos

You compare Harden to Dekker/Anderson and then call something dumb!!smh!! That's laughable!!i see you don't have an opinion on this one bro, you might need to sit this one out!!

5. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Dekker has one monster game and u want to trade Anderson? Talk about knee jerk reaction. U probably the fan that wanted brewer after he scored 51 points on us.

DonKnock and napalm06 like this.
  6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Capela for either Ricky Rubio or Thong Maker

BigShasta likes this.
  7. Ramo$e

Ramo$e Member

Plus him and Harden played together before.

8. Sanity2disChaos

Imma let you believe that!!

9. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Hopefully Anderson but the only thing about that is it wouldn't be a good look.

10. Newlin

Newlin Member

I don't see either of these players being traded anytime soon. Dekker can play SF or PF, Anderson can play PF or C. I view them as having different skill sets. Anderson is a gunner that can mix it up in the paint if need be. Dekker is more of a slasher that's shoots threes if he is wide open.

I like having both guys on the team. I don't really see Anderson as a player that other teams covet because of his contract and past injury issues. Anderson also is a perfect fit for Moreyball.

The guy I wonder about is Harrell. Will he ever be able to play PF for the Rockets? I believe Harrell is capable of knocking down shots away from the basket. He was shooting three point shots in the D-League, so maybe he could eventually become a stretch 4 the same way that Patrick Patterson did.

I don't know. Right now I'm not too enthusiastic about trading any of our rotation players other than Brewer.

hakeem94, Ramo$e, DonKnock and 2 others like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i don't think there's any doubt that was his high.......he hadn't been all that impressive prior to this linsanity run those couple of months, particularly with his perimeter shooting. in fact that's the only stretch his entire career he hasn't shot the ball like trash. you're right morey couldn't have foreseen the serious injury, but at that time he could have judged and weighed dmo being able to sustain that hot streak longterm vs. dealing him for an established talent

12. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

You funny.

Bobbytheholic will absorb your post and lay low in the weeds like a lion....and then, like Spectre, he will strike!

hakeem94 and Plowman like this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We're winning at an amazing clip, despite losing a few recently. Why move either one of two key rotation players that don't go by the last name of Brewer? Does not compute.

14. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

another stupid overreaction thread

DonKnock likes this.
  15. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, you would recognize this "flaw", yet the 29 GMs wouldn't?

16. SuperMarioBro

SuperMarioBro Member

It's pretty unlikely that either player gets traded anytime soon... I'm hoping that maybe Dekker's emergence means Brewer sees almost no time anymore once everyone is healthy.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You're using the computing language of 'reality'.

That language does not always interface well with 'internet forum' technology.

Smacktle, Deckard and DonKnock like this.
  18. alethios

alethios Member

That's what I'm wondering - why would we do this? Is there someone available in trade that would instantly make us better?

DonKnock likes this.
  19. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

I'm not really sure how Thong Maker puts the Rockets over the top. I think Morlay should be looking to acquire his brother, Bong Maker.

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

I'm honestly not sure why people keep bringing up Nene and Anderson in trade talks when they literally just got here after we had been trying to get them for years.

These aren't two random guys that showed up to a D-League tryout and they panned out so were going to move them, these are guys who our front office actively sought out over a long period.

Is it really a natural inclination for some of you that after this long effort to bring them in we should instantly ship them out?

To people who do feel this way: You realize this isn't 2K right? And that there are other factors than "plug and play" at work?

o_O